Belt tension, how much?

Theres no specific amount of tension that is always enough. Its very dependent on the board, ride conditions, rider weight, gearing, wheels, belt width, etc.

As for idlers and lips

Generally, your wheel pulley has the lip on the outside. So if your motor pulley is a single lip unit, put the lip on the inside of the board.

For adhereing idler pulleys, i personally juat use the bearing face rather than gluing a tube or whatnot over, but if you must, green loctite and a friction fit will hold nicely.

definitely this.

This is not helpful, there are many types that are green

I don’t think you need to be picky to have the idler cover the full width of the belt. Two 608 bearings will be fine.

A minimalistic drop of super glue

This maybe won’t help your case but I dump it here anyways. Did this to my daily driver with 255 12mm belts. Always suffered brakes due to belt skip. But not anymore.

Bearing holder/ distance thingy.

8x19x6 bearing

14T pulley. Screwed into the motor. The bearing just barely touches the belt.

4 Likes

:eyes:

Very interesting!

3 Likes

At first I gave this pic a shady eye :face_with_raised_eyebrow: But if you were able to get that bearing in the perfect spot, heck ya dude, nice job!:+1:t3:

2 Likes

I got the idea from someone else here I think. Can’t take any cred.

Bearing size and pulley must match. this is the perfect combination so there is a small airgap in between.

Temporary running without my belt covers now. It’s sucks. I pick small pebbles every 10km. It’s noticeable when a stone gets squeezed between pulley and this bearing :grimacing:

1 Like

OMG, this is genius! :slight_smile:

Did you machine that part?

No, 3d print

1 Like

Is that a standard skate bearing? If so I’m doing this mod to every belt drive board that reaches my hands lol, that’s genius!

1 Like

He said it’s a 698 size bearing.

2 Likes

you wouldn’t still happen to have the file for this would you? :eyes: