Belt / Pulley issues

Hello everyone.
Currently im running HTD 5m 295mm belt with a 36T wheel pulley.
I just bought a new 40T pulley and need a new belt size.

What will be the difference between the belts due to 4 teeth added to the new pulley?
The new belt will be 300? 305? 310?

I am very confused, please assist me!

Important fact- cannot adjust motor tension.

motor pulley t count? c2c distance?

Motor is 15T.
C2C 80mm.

You’ll need some sort of adjustment.

This is mostly simple maths though. If you’re going from 36t to 40t, that’s 4 more teeth. So, assuming the belt wraps around slighlty more than half the new wheel pulley size, that’s just over two more tooth counts for the belt to cover.

5m teeth are 5mm in a straight line, and so according to maths and stuff, you’re gonna need just over 10mm longer belt. Thats where the need to adjust bit comes in. Belts always need some way to adjust tension.

Good luck, and remember to take a spare drive belt and charger.

Not every belt system needs adjustments.

Damn, really? Not even an adjustable idler?

Most of mine don’t have adjustments, and they work great. This isn’t true of every system.

1 Like

u need 305mm belt

also, this

1 Like

Amazing, thank you very much!
I am using an adjustable idler.
And i will order the 305.:pray:t3:

Thank you!!

How the fuck do you get the belts on then? I have to adjust my motors anytime I need to put belts on or off because otherwise I cannot get them on or off no matter what I try. Also it is still difficult to get the belt on even when the motor is close to the wheel. I have to use clamps to hold the motor in the right spot after the belt is on since I can’t hold it in place with my hands

One pulley with two flanges and the other pulley has only one flange.

1 Like

Doesn’t that make it more likely to slip if the alignment is slightly off though? I use the two flange pulleys because I thought that could be a serious issue. I do have one where the flange broke off but I swapped it for a new pulley to be safe

I’ve had no problems doing this

1 Like