Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

A couple cm will impact turning performance, that’s quite a bit of axle length

It won’t be a problem necessarily. But in the long term it’s preferred to have a shorter hanger on the front, the shortest that’s practical. At least, if you value performance more than appearance.

I’ll gladly take a small reduction in performance for a week so that I can make the better hanger look better to be honest. Aesthetics are an important part of my boards

My turning performance has already been drastically enhanced with my new surf adapter so I don’t think the axle difference will be noticed.

1 Like

EMTB folks, where do you put buttons on your board? On top of the box seems like a worse and worse idea the more it sees flips and I instinctively want to stand on it.

My single button is on the side of the enclosure box. Does double duty for mounting the horn bracket internally too. (Old pic below)

1 Like

I do it on the toe side of the box always so I can lean over and turn the board on/off while on it.

3 Likes

I bet your board isn’t the only thing that gets turned on when you lean over…

Marcel slurps icecream loudly

7 Likes

that’s why u should never drop anything in front of Marcel

3 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

Do Ling-Yi ESCs handle battery cut-off? Mostly I’m wondering if the recommendation is to use the BMS Discharge for Ling-Yis or not. I’ve got a cheap hub board that the battery conked out on and just want to get it back on the road cheaply. The BMS can handle more current than the ESC I’m pretty sure so cutting out from overcurrent shouldn’t be a concern. Also, it’s slow enough especially on low battery that it cutting out isn’t particularly dangerous. I’m just wondering what is considered best for these though.

1 Like

run bypass, lingyi has low voltage protection built in, @Simeon did the test already

4 Likes

yes.

it’s not really abruptly cutting off. It throttles you down more and more until you barely move (at least with the normal low voltage cutoff. Hard cutoff (safety) is an instant cutoff but shouldn’t happen with normal riding. I would still say bypass the bms.

2 Likes

I meant in the case that I did use the discharge function of the BMS. That just hard cuts off on most BMSes right?

That I can’t answer you with confidence. I would assume yes as the bms probably only has one voltage cutoff and not 2 (start and end as escs have) just a guess though.

1 Like

not all, but its safe to assume that majority of BMS just do one voltage cut off

1 Like

Yes, BMSs only have hard cutoff

2 Likes

Are L-brackets from Trampa bindings compatible with MBS bindings?

As far as AT wheel mounting, what’s got better compatibility? MBS or Trampa wheel mounts?

Any tips for getting my motor pulley with keyway on my motor shaft :sweat_smile:

Send photos is my tip. Describe the problem. What is it doing that it shouldn’t? Or, what isn’t it doing that it should?

Usually sanding or filing the key a tiny bit can help but you want it as tight as possible.

2 Likes