BEERCAN BOARDS mods and models boxes and locksez

Mind = Extruded and bent (blown)

wow

hmm not really sure what I thought the bend marks were… uhhh just from the mold I was thinking

Oh I notice from sliding that XT60 around that the slot opening gets tighter where the bend is! Wow I was not inspecting thorough. 9.4mm wide in the middle and 8mm wide at the tight bend in pic.

Mayhap i misunderstood or misexplained… They come extruded from a factory here. Flat “blanks”, but they have the rails and the deck “concave”. We put the flat in the cnc, it cuts the “shape”, then we do bend it in a hydraulic press.

1 Like

well, if youre cnc’ing the finger holes, maybe just… dont? they will be blocked by an enclosure anyways, id think. leave the ridges as is, remove the finger holes, and instead, just do small holes for mounting hardware. then enclosure box would just need to have grooves that fit the ridges on the deck. perhaps, instead of grooves, the box could sit ON the ridges, and the space in between could simply be filled with some kind of rubber gasket. itd look good, and work a bit towards waterproofing and dampening. and would be a relatively cheap option.

1 Like

Dang :star_struck: @Fosterqc :sunglasses: :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

well with the modular adjustable idea that I was starting to look at you could block it or not. I was trying to understand what production steps could be modified.

I am wondering now if they are planning any mountain boards… I sure love that a welder and a dream is all you need to get any deck you want.

1 Like

Lol i dont think we’re ready for that step. I’m not at the shop right now, but i’ll see if i have any photos of something ive put together w a kit the big boss ordered.

2 Likes

modular is the key word. modular is always good. ive been hoping to see fully enclosed, snap together, lets say 12s modules, with another snap on ESC module, since i started this shit. imagine the phoneblok concept, but applied to esk8. i understand the bms would probably be the biggest issue with that. in this particular case, to keep the finger holes, a 2 part enclosure could work excellently.

back to the electrified beercans, though. @CaptJay07, can you confirm that all of your different boards have the same spacing on the rails? that is pretty important to whether this idea is at all viable and how to move forward with it.

3 Likes

This was my idea. It’s our 42" drop thru Oat Soda deck. Still perceiving no bottom mount idea, i went w a top center mount. Would love some input and critiques. We’re also toying with an idea to mount the battery on the back portion of a special deck we cut. Sadly, i have no photos of it at this time, but i can get ya some come Monday if you’d be interested. You might be able to catch a glimpse of it on our instagram

Edit: i tried to upload some.pics here, but it won’t let me … im new here lol

4 Likes

If the enclosure is beefy enough it could act as the rail in the center.

2 Likes

All the rails are the same width

3 Likes

@longhairedboy can we get an upgrade on aisle 3?

3 Likes

if were top mounting, im just gonna run some ratchet straps through the finger holes and call it attached… but im a shortboard rider so im biased against top mounted stuff. rails being the same width makes this relatively simple, though. see the above mentioned t nuts. a small, medium, and large enclosure could be designed, to hold different sized batteries and/or the esc, with relative ease and attached, also with relative ease, which means that even your smallest board wouldnt be much more challenging than your largest. if your company is serious about moving into electrics, id consider that the simplest route. im a firm believer in doing less stuff.

1 Like

We’re the self crowned kings of doing less stuff lol

1 Like

while ive got you here, how many beer cans do i have to send you guys to pay for a ginger ale? XD im only half kidding, i drink enough that it couldnt take more than a month LOL

1 Like

Our current biggest hurdle w bottom mount is enclosures and actually attaching. That’s why ive been reaching out to DIY’ers and getting the community involved and seeing what we can come up with. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Those are rookie numbers!! Haha
But seriously, i think it’s a lot lol

i 100% think the simplest option from the perspective of your company would be a layer of rubber to pretend the rails arent even there. maybe even cover them up too, and forget em. punch ~16 holes around the edges, and drop ~16 bolts through the deck, and all you need is one enclosure per deck style. initial investment on that, in my experience, is no more than 300 dollars per. a modular design that fits all your decks would be more convenient, especially from a DIY perspective, but the R&D costs would increase a lot. thats more the place of someone else to develop, and you guys to freak out about.
if you guys happen to pay well, i also do graphic design and sales, not just top notch amateur engineering. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

That’s some swell input, a box that fits all boards. I’ll toss your resume in our inbox lol.

3 Likes

I realize you might be able to turn the end of this deck into a NKP base by just drilling a hole in it. I think it would need some washers too but could work. Just a cool reason to consider metal decks.

if anyone wants I will link the rest of the hardware needed, I am interested to know the total. My guess is like $300-360 for a set.

Looked but did not find.

The back part makes sense, then the motors could just plug right into the battery/esc box right there. Plus there are a lot of way to attach a box to this deck. hell even weld the box mounting on also serving as a crush casing as well allowing a printed box to survive.