Be the right kind of DIY guy

What’s an enclosure?

5 Likes

I just phoned my lawyer and he said its not libel because its true.

Great article.

6 Likes

Shit im between 3-5000 over my budget :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I feel like building in the winter helps with the imaginary time constraint, because even if you finish the board you’ll still have to wait for the snow to melt. I live in Norway, so after I finish my build probably around the end of December to beginning of January I’ll still have to wait another 2 months to tinker with the board.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you feel that way. Apologies.

2 Likes

I came to this forum not knowing how to ride a longboard
Two years and two overpowered boards later

I still can’t ride a skateboard.

So I made a 35mph moped/scooter instead :slight_smile:

This place is awesome though, I wouldve never gotten those two boards done if it werent for the awesome people and treasure trove of infornation here.

3 Likes

None of those options, I tested it once it was finished (normal mode) !

Good on you, don’t vote then :stuck_out_tongue:

You came back and apologized a second time?

Ahhhhhhhh

2 Likes

bill

2 Likes

Did I do something to upset you? If so…

2 Likes

I had a shoebox as a temporary enclosure for the electronics.:joy:

I thought JP was the first and only example we’d have to make.

Careful now or we might say mean things on the internet.

1 Like

Great article @BillGordon , but I never had an evolve lol. Honestly though, I’m pretty sure that @deckoz joined the .builders forum about the time I started to pay attention to @names, maybe even earlier…?

Decky bro, your work has always been exemplary, anyone ever talks shit I’ll kill 'em.

My favorite thing about this forum? Far less drama, far more @b264 . My regrets about it? I put so much effort into the other one lol. Been so busy lately that I forget to do anything besides lurking around. So hi everyone!

My approach has historically been one of brawn and simplicity. My electronics are as naked as the alter-boy version of myself, wires hanging around, no bms, lots of gorilla tape… truly a thing of perfection. I started with an extensive auto mechanical knowledge, and fuckall knowledge of electronics. I think I did a good job researching before asking, but I might have had an ignorant comment once. For me, in the beginning, it was an effort to minimize the effort of walking my dog. Not that I don’t enjoy doing so, but laziness is the mother of invention, no?

What I got from my endeavors and research is an abominable money and time-pit, as well as a hobby ( @b264 ) that satisfies every single cell in my brain. Also, the energy I have saved in terms of dog-walking has been repurposed towards

NOTHING, HAHAHAHA

Esk8 has been the most satisfying creative outlet I’ve ever known. Talking to all you people has been at LEAST as enjoyable as, say, burning myself with a soldering iron, and at MOST, as enjoyable as anything I do :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

Hardest thing I’ve tried? Making an actual, fully enclosed enclosure (via vacuum CF infusion). The next battery will be two 6s and three 4s HKG lipos wired in a 12s2p configuration with a DBMS. Anyone know of an enclosure that will fit? LOL!!!

My favorite thing in DIY is trying shit I can’t do, and probably don’t want to replicate. Also, the fuckin quality time I get to spend here. I love you all, please loan me some money

11 Likes

Now that’s love! :heart:

2 Likes

This forum is the fucking best XD

6 Likes

This is a classic article. I love reading back through the archives. Still applies. Nice writing @BillGordon

4 Likes