BatteryHookup.com are we talking about this?

looks very nice. Would definitely buy again.

Looks like the only way these cells will fit is like this, was hoping I could do two stacks but it looks like a different cell would be a better choice.

2 Likes

6 Likes

haha! I love it!!!

2 Likes

Salvage the box. It’s a beauty. Put some k wool inside and you’ve got a wicked fire box

1 Like

these are the cells apparently. someone says this is not it.

@Flasher I was hoping to use the spim08 cells in there because they are the most susceptible to damage so they could actually take advantage of the super strong box unlike cylindrical cells. They would also be able to dump their heat into the case very effectively, hopefully I find a way to fit 24 in there.

Minimize wiring and that should be easy. Jehu Garcia uses those and installs grommets to hold em together

1 Like

the way I showed is the only way that they seem to fit in. I’ll show you how close it is.

20200730_163322
I wish

nah

I guess the best way actually for these cells but shit use of space.

12 stacked next to it.

These cells fit way better in the apache cases, so that’s my plan for them mostly.

1 Like

Want to measure the actual inside.

Smells in there.

4 Likes

Smaller than. I was thinking

5 Likes

After some subtle convincing the BMS has parted with the cool output screw terminals. I definitely would not have been able to desolder those easily.
2 Likes

Maybe go bigger and can sit on it! Seriously. Add some pedal levers on the hanger. I wonder how that would go.

1 Like

I think u should get those too. Highest energy density of iron cells I’ve seen. Less powerful though. And the label.

1 Like

look my credit card is -1000 i got problems

what about the label? Don’t like monkeys on your battery cells?

Someone tell me if I should make a dedicated thread instead of hailing on this one.

I realize that I 100% should use the battery along with it’s case.

The BMS was so huge (33mm tall), taking it out gives enough room forx VESCs and a new BMS.

I also realized the bluetooth BMS prob would not work inside the metal box so I had the idea to run them on the outside and use the pins in the case to transfer data in and out. There are 8 pins, 4 are needed for the BMS leaving 3 for a PWM signal and 1 extra.

3 Likes

our main man Tom Amerman bringing the tesla goodies.

3 Likes

I like the monkeys on the cells.

Batteryhookup! I like their attitude and drive. I’ve got tons of the fancy bms that came with the cells i got. They probably cost more than the whole battery new but they’re huge and don’t know how to use them

4 Likes

I got the bit to take apart the EMC packs but it needs to be longer and an extension won’t fit.

Drilling might have been attempted

I actually haven’t taken any apart and @evoheyax was doing them. Together we spent 4000$. Damn u batteryhookup. Have to make more vehicles. My selling them with the pcb was the plan but with no marketing and no decks at the moment to go in they just sit here. But decks will come.

How many did U get or is that all in that box?

1 Like

I got one of these Mercedes 880Wh. Kinda want another for the case and the battery because it is sick af, just heavy altogether.

look at the beef on this BMS

Would be awesome if it worked.

This is the connector I need to desolder to use the ribbon cable.
See the case? yesh those bolts came out with pliers not screwdrivers. Smallest torx ever would be needed.

3 Likes