Battery won’t charge, but runs great

No no education happening. Was told too dangerous to educate. Was blocked and insulted

And I’m supposedly the bad guy. I ruined it. I guess I should’ve just told him to throw it away.

Sorry to say this, but given your statements here and past battery posts, you should not be trying to educate others.

2 Likes

Realllly. Because I glued balances on a lifepo4 potted battery and … do tell more? I almost always use lifepo4 because I find it the safest and advise others to do the same often. And I’m the dangerous one somehow?

What statements here??
Should’ve just told him to throw it out for his safety and buy another. Even though no one found out if it was even damaged

Dude, you’re completely off your head at this stage. Waste of time trying to reason with you since you’re sure your antiquated and unsound methods are supportable.

1 Like

Cant u tell me what statement I made?

Sounds good. What are u taking about? No reasoning needed just state what statements

water + “something isn’t working” = dispose of properly no questions asked

1 Like

That’s a nice simple solution for those who don’t want to know anything

1 Like

So no u can’t post these statements. You can tell me about them, and post memes, but u can’t say what they are. Ok. Why even type anything.

At least I’m not being blocked. @glyphiks how am I doing? Am I being a danger?

Can someone tell me what my dangerous statements were?

Search for them

I can guess:

Confirming how to hook up a bms. As if confirmation is a danger

Gluing balance wires to a potted LIFEPO4 battery

What else?

Telling someone their battery might not be water damaged and maybe they don’t have to throw it away and instead they could assess if it’s fine or not.

What else? So I know what kinda community I’m in

This still applies. I’m no longer participating here mate.

4 Likes

So just my confirming on the bms and gluing the balance wires and telling him his battery MIGHT be ok are my dangers?

U don’t have to read or type here u know. No one is in ur ear. But if ur gunna block me and pull stuff up saying I’m a danger fair to get a response from me

just because you can doesn’t mean you should

clearly not everyone here has the technical knowledge to safely open up a pack nor to diagnose the issue

however, it shouldn’t take much to know that water + electronics = no good
and water + metal + corrosion
and corrosion+ electronics = no good

so no, you don’t need to assess the damage to know the pack is bad when water is involved and something isn’t working properly

someones leg is blown off
“is it ok?”
“idk we gotta assess your leg which is currently scattered across the floor and walls”
“i lost my leg?!”
“yeah, but we gotta assess your leg to make sure it’s gone”

doesn’t make sense now does it

3 Likes

I’ll own up to a good chunk of that, apologies folks. Got a bit carried away trying to dissuade risking a fire and went into bad speculation territory

5 Likes

I thought I was a troll until I came across this thread😬

3 Likes

Whether or not it’s technically possible to assess whether a battery has water damage is completely beside the point.

Lithium Ion batteries are exceptionally dangerous. It’s not rare to hear about mistreated batteries burning down homes and killing people.

It’s shitty advice to guide an amateur over the internet to fuck around with something that is exceptionally dangerous if they screw it up.

I don’t get how you can’t wrap your head around this. You are being flagged to oblivion because you’re giving this kid bad advice.

4 Likes

i avree with your assessment

2 Likes

WE"VE COME FULL CIRCLE GENTS

1 Like