Battery won’t charge, but runs great

just because you can doesn’t mean you should

clearly not everyone here has the technical knowledge to safely open up a pack nor to diagnose the issue

however, it shouldn’t take much to know that water + electronics = no good
and water + metal + corrosion
and corrosion+ electronics = no good

so no, you don’t need to assess the damage to know the pack is bad when water is involved and something isn’t working properly

someones leg is blown off
“is it ok?”
“idk we gotta assess your leg which is currently scattered across the floor and walls”
“i lost my leg?!”
“yeah, but we gotta assess your leg to make sure it’s gone”

doesn’t make sense now does it

3 Likes

I’ll own up to a good chunk of that, apologies folks. Got a bit carried away trying to dissuade risking a fire and went into bad speculation territory

5 Likes

I thought I was a troll until I came across this thread😬

3 Likes

Whether or not it’s technically possible to assess whether a battery has water damage is completely beside the point.

Lithium Ion batteries are exceptionally dangerous. It’s not rare to hear about mistreated batteries burning down homes and killing people.

It’s shitty advice to guide an amateur over the internet to fuck around with something that is exceptionally dangerous if they screw it up.

I don’t get how you can’t wrap your head around this. You are being flagged to oblivion because you’re giving this kid bad advice.

4 Likes

i avree with your assessment

2 Likes

WE"VE COME FULL CIRCLE GENTS

1 Like

So too complicated and dangerous to actually look under the shrink wrap or actually use a multimeter. Keep’m dumb.

They shouldn’t call u folks diyers.

Interesting is there are a couple other people in the thread saying the same exact thing as me and to check the voltages but somehow you guys have all latched on me as the bad advice giver. And then there’s those on endless sphere who will say the same. Really it’s pretty standard for figuring if a battery is damaged but we can’t have figuring happening around here it seems.

giphy (5)
what the fuck happened bruh

2 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Lol

2 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 40 hours.

:exploding_head:

4 Likes

giphy (1)

3 Likes

and immediately, i’m seeing hummer change his replies :grin:

1 Like

Not sure if it’s dangerous, but it’s definitely disingenuous because @glyphiks is not an admin. That’s my guess, anyway.

I’m not doing anything. I’ve given up.

This is an esk8 forum, not a cell salvation or lithium fire forum. Do what you will, i’m done.

3 Likes

omg. :joy:

Cellvation

1 Like

Perfect name for a forum devoted to that kind of shit. Maybe @hummieee can start it

i mean…

https://cellvation.com/

1 Like

Hey all I’ve had a minor issue with cell damage but I’m not sure how bad it is exactly.

I have no experience with battery building, can someone help me assess this pack. I think I can recover at least what… 80% maybe?

Picture below for reference…

JK: please don’t do this!!! No assessment needed. Throw it out.

2 Likes