Battery shuts off

Im running a10s4p battery, flipsky dual 6.6 with 6354 motors. At 30% the board shuts off the power button is still lit, the percentage gauge on the battery is blank. And on the flipsky remote the board battery indicator is connected showing about a 1/4 left of battery life. I have to wait 10-15 minutes before the battery can be turned on. After that the board will only run about 5 min before it shuts down again. I cant figure out why this does this.

1 Like

bad p group -> bms cut off, perhaps?

Can you open your battery and take a peek?

1 Like

I guess if I had to but what would I be looking for?

Dont ride that board, using that battery can damage it more. If you do not know battery basics its probbaly best to send it to someone for repair. Where are you located?

2 Likes

Im in N.Y

1 Like

I’ll second what @Skyart said. Bad p group.
Who made the battery?

1 Like

Yeah it’s probably a bad b group. You have a multimeter? Also is this something you’re board has always done or is it recent? Who built the battery?

The battery is from MBoard, this only started doing this after I swapped out for a different board and enclosure

2 Likes

This is your first issue. Mboard batteries are known to not be built well( @kook ). is it possible that your battery indicator needs recalibration?

2 Likes

mBoreds batterys are repugnant!
poorly designed and constructed… dangerous…
terrible performance and customer service…

I wish there was a patreon account where I could pay it forward and award users real cash to avoid the pain of dealing with mike-fuckin-beard

mBoards is eggzakery 100% opposite of @M.Hboards

5 Likes

I actually emailed mboards lastnight told them about the battery. Had some girl Madi email me back asked me for my order number. I was surprised to even get a reply.

I checked the indicator made sure I had the correct settings. How would you calibrate it?

1 Like

By calibration I mean just making sure it’s set to 10s voltage.

Yep its set to 10

He almost got $450 out of me… Thank the Lord for @BillGordon telling me I was stupid. Took like 10 days for his ass to give me a refund.

now I have a sick ass battery from @skyart showing up on Tuesday!

4 Likes

I’m also surprised you got a reply. I’m surprised a person other than mike contacted you. Maybe he was pretending :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I am exited for you to get it and use it! Wooooot! It’s such a pretty battery :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Yeah the person is some chic, she said send me your order number and she will look into it. I won’t hold my breath this is gonna be a loss.

1 Like

Any suggestions on who to get a new battery from?