Battery Question

I got a question. If I have, for example, a 10s8p, can I connect a 3s1p in series to increase voltage?

I’m asking because I see that sometimes, people connect multiple 3.6v cells with different capacities. Wouldn’t that be the same logic by connecting 10s8p and 3s1p? Same voltage but different capacities?

10s8p+3s8p is the correct same capacity.
All the rest are bad examples.

1 Like

Having groups in series with different capacities and properties is a recipe for problems, the cells charge/discharge unevenly which causes long term damage and means you don’t get the full capacity of all the cell in the short term

We try to avoid using cells from different batches even if they are new because it causes imbalances, if you positively must have more voltage then you have to distribute the existing cells so all the cells in each parallel group have the same properties and all the groups in series have the same properties

If you want a removable pack then it would have to be a 3s8p of the same cells (or some other 3s config that has the same capacity and current rating as the 8p) and it would have to be charged + balanced separately

3 Likes

I see. Thank you. That answers my question.

No.