Battery Charger poll

Hey guys
I have created this post so that people might post what kind of chargers and even portable chargers they use or have used and what is your experience with them
I’m on the market for a new and I thought this has something that could help the new guys

My current build is a 10S4P battery
But in the future I’m thinking of going to a 12S4P
So if possible I would want to get one that could handle both

1 Like

Should know the top voltage you want a charger to charge up to and how many amps it’s pushing. Don’t want to overvolt a 10s pack because you used a 12s charger or overheat your low power battery pack with 10 amps.

For balance charging I like the D6 Pro Duo, and charging a pack with a BMS there are also many good options. Too many to think of.

2 Likes

So you have a 12s battery split in two 6S batteries?

I’m pretty sure that’s how he runs it charging it off a balance hobby charger like a lipo.

I’ve spent quite sometime looking for a variable voltage charger (ideally 10-13s) while I have seen them they are brutally expensive and it’s cheaper to DIY something from what I’ve seen, that being said you can pretty much still buy 3 or 4 chargers for the price of a good DIY one.

and at that point would you rather be able to charge 1 board at a time or have a charger for each individual board/battery?

To me it still makes much more sense to buy individual chargers.

2 Likes

Expensive is always relative.
I paid 250$ for my Ultra power balance charger. With it I have the opportunity to charge with different currents from 2x6s up to 2x12s at 15A.
So I need only one charger to charge my lipos or any of my board packs.
On top I save the money for a BMS in each of my packs which sounds trivial but with lets say 30$ a pop that’s easy add up.
For me that totally pays off.
On the other hand if people need a charger small enough to put in the bagpack and anyway just have one battery pack or use the same voltage on different boards it doesn’t pay off.

4 Likes

Where is the poll ? Misleading title… :wink:

4 Likes

Can you post a link?

a few of us here have been using the meanwell adjustable led driver with success! Mine can be adjusted to charge 10-13 almost 14s. There is a good thread let me find it.

1 Like
2 Likes

Sure. One would be this:
https://m.german.alibaba.com/p-detail/detail-60809082443.html?__sceneInfo={"type":"appDetailShare","data":{"filterKey":"7.8.2_share","cacheTime":"1800000"}}

For some countries it’s cheaper to get one via AliExpress or from Trampa.
Probably the cheapest you could get the charger is in a Trampa complete if you anyway about to buy one of there boards.

1 Like

10S5P, 30Qs I charge at 3.4A

That is one beefy guy…
:astonished:

This looks good, and they are not very expensive

Did you have any problem with over charging? I read on the post that they might continue to charger past the voltage programmed
And I can’t seem to find them at the price on the post

12s6p 30q. Charge at 9.6A with a yzpower charger

I just ordered my 12S 8A charger for my new 12S5P P42A pack from @Anubis
He has awesome prices and amazing costumer service! :slight_smile:

1 Like