Battery Cell Testing Setups/Problems

My cheapness led me to get Imaxb6 copy lipo chargers.

After an embarrassing number of times using the setup I realized the left older unit is ending up with much higher mAh results. I swapped cells and same results.

This leads me to think I need to keep the same cells tested on the same tester to keep a standard.

Wish I knew this then I would have ordered more than 2 more chargers.

1 Like

can recommend the litokaala cell testers

1 Like

Sorry you have to deal with this!
Yea, there are very few chargers that do accurate capacity measurement and even fewer that do accurate IR testing.

It probably is but are you sure that the older one is the more accurate one?

1 Like

The cells are rated for 8Ah ish and I saw that capacity out of them so yeah the two new chargers from here are reading much lower than I expect.

hmm seems I should invest in a unit I can trust.

1 Like

After testing a few cells to confirm, hopefully, that the new chargers are at least consistently wrong you might be able to work out a fixed offset or percentage to apply to any capacity reading by the new ones?

1 Like

Yeah I am failing at calculating with confidence but it is like 20% difference… I wonder if the difference stays the same if testing a 6S pack vs 1S.

1 Like

That’s something important to test, along with different capacities, unless all your packs will be one voltage and a narrow capacity range.

1 Like

I also got this thing, due to the issue with my other testers I wanted to test its testing out.

the first time I selected charge when I had one on then put the rest on and switched it to capacity test but it only tested some of them.

The next time I had it on Grad. mode before connecting cells and it test all of them.
Capacity looks right, the right number being low due to coming out of the box like this: