Battery Building Services by Skyart the skating duck

So not sure exactly what sort of copper? Maybe the pads are made of. But the spot welds are suuuuper sticky. Can’t pry up even one weld. I think solder would help. But I dont think it is nessesary. But time will tell.

2 Likes

Fair enough! I know nothing about that PCB system, so I’ll assume that BioBoards did their due diligence with designing it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

12s8p p42a bout to get its solder on

9 Likes

20210524_223414|281x500

It got its solder on.

@Laidback

15 Likes

I’m sure you already thought about it, but you can add some heatshrink around it :slight_smile:

1 Like

12s4p p42a for Evo Eboosted SS

@RedEyedJedi

15 Likes

Dam u swapped to copper braids now,ugh and i got alot of 12awg wire i was gonna use for my upcoming 12s20p but now seeing these braid builds makes the pack much thinner i want copper braids. Always making me jelly from these clean builds but it does teach me wat and how to go about setting up my own

1 Like

I wouldn’t say swapped to permanently, I found this really good, superfine strand copper braid, its much easier to work with and retains its flexibility much better then other stuff I’ve used. Silicone wire always a good call! But if you are looking to save a few mm of space, braid is the way to go.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003HGHQYW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_C2XWA20PHG1FEVS953CM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

Cheers :+1: im certain these braids does really well with high discharge builds

1 Like

Surface area is key. And this one offers alot of it.

Right, thinking i might do 3 braids for each p group to handle all the current

1 Like

12s20p is a huge pack, what is your layout? You might be better off spotwelding super wide nickel

Its gonna be two 12s10ps gonna do a standard 12 group flat double stacked layout. I am getting some wide nickel so i can cut into a 10 cell shape then spot weld another nickel tab over the 1st and fold it over. It probably sounds a bit odd from the way i explain it but tldr itll look similar in design to how u setup packs XD

2 Likes

Lol, what board is this going on :sweat_smile: sounds like a nutty build

1 Like

im starting to think it isn’t a board anymore :rofl:

1 Like

Umm dont wanna spoil to much but the deck i can tell u its goin on is my vahalla sho stopper and its a 38" by 10" beauty. Her name is watermelon because of the red and green color scheme i inadvertently did on her

5 Likes

I already did a scoot pack upgrade before so this is definitely a board build XD

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing this! 38x10 still seems a bit small for 12s20p but, what do I even know :man_shrugging: DOOOOOO ETTTT!

2 Likes

I mean its 18650 so not hard to fit i could tbh make a 21700 work as well just with a different enclosure. But ill definitely keep ya posted on it, one of the packs should be dont by Monday if the rest if the parts i need come by this weekend.

1 Like

this is heavy

1 Like