Battery build advice

Big facts.

Also, no joke, I read the last few posts and have spit out my drink laughing enough times that my wife is concerned and annoyed.

5 Likes

Hmm, Iā€™ve been tossing bad packs into the driveway and shooting them with a pellet rifle from ontop of the crossover

4 Likes

i accidentally tossed a wood chisel into an evolve pouch the other day. not joking, this really happened.

2 Likes

How spectacular were the fireworks?

disappointing. some smoke started coming out, so i grabbed it by the corner quickly walked it outside and tossed it into the fire pit in the center of the back yard to finish doing whatever it was going to do. It did nothing. I had a beer and everything, but nothing happened.

5 Likes

Super disapointing, Iā€™m giving evolve a 4/10 on Yelp for terrible quality fireworks.

3 Likes

Fortunately for the venting enthusiasts theyā€™re using 18650s and even 21700s now.

2 Likes

Iā€™m very excited to see sparks from a 46800

4 Likes

I went to move the positive lead out of the way and came off.

2 Likes

You mean thisā€¦?

waitā€¦is that even a fuse holderā€¦?

1 Like

Mini gas one $40aud apparently. I had the unfortunate opportunity to show him how to use what had. There isnā€™t a lot of light in his garage either. The tip was loose. He dropped it once and the gland nut that clamps the tip down broke so he tapped it on.

No. Two were at 0v one was at 0.5v. the rest varied between 3.69 - 4.44. was complaining about the range.

He cut it out. Trying to recover it.

I appreciate your solid advice

Itā€™s only a guess.

2 Likes

ah yes, the glass tube type. i had the same one. yea thatā€™s a fuse alright, but the solder at the backā€¦doesnā€™t even look like solder anymore, its like aluminium foil ball :joy:

glass tube fuses have no business in esk8 outside of chargers.

2 Likes

Thanks for giggles guys.
For those playing at home, it was an evolve GTR pack he made fit under the gt deck. He mangled it up instead of buying an aftermarket one for less money because evolve used afterpay and as a photographer he has hand skills so it would be a great solution. I was trying to help him out maybe something could be saved. But yeah Iā€™m going with ā€˜sorry mate sheā€™s fuckin fuct.ā€™
Expensive mistake. He wants to cut it up further and make a 10s 2p. But says he doesnā€™t have the tools. Implying I should do it.
Yeah nah.

3 Likes

FTFY