Battery build advice

The owner creator of this blames the anaemic BMS for a few groups going to 0v. What should I tell him?

6 Likes

Does he intend to sell that? Or is it just for his personal use?
You should tell him to store that thing in a fireproof box.

6 Likes

BMS could be at fault…but there are more things at play here I am sure :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

11 Likes

Tell him to present his evidence. Otherwise he’s only invented a scapegoat so he can blame something, anything but himself.

5 Likes

That has got to be one of the worst packs I’ve ever seen

And the worst soldering I’ve ever seen lol I wouldn’t be surprised if some of those joints didn’t even work

2 Likes

images - 2020-07-29T231148.485

15 Likes

Dammit…are you guys ever going to credit me for the photos you keep showing of my packs? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

It takes a lot of frakkin’ time to create a ball of solder and wire like that! You think it just happens? Who else would consider using solid wire? No one!

That’s right, I’m an innovator, a leader taking point in the drive to create ever more…

screw it…coming up with that kind of bs is exhausting…

19 Likes

Im sure he put the charge port fuse the other way around

3 Likes

Seriously, tell em to at least buy a more powerful soldering iron.

To stop before he hurts himself and others. Seriously, it already looks burnt. And dangerous.

4 Likes

U should ask him how is he still alive with that kind of battery. Even a china battery might be more safe than this :joy:

3 Likes

Are those p groups still balanced?

1 Like

I like the way he soldered to the middle of each p group. Swell job there.

That is some ghetto battery action right there… he must be so proud…

I have anxiety just looking at it :eyes:

1 Like

No one going to mention that there’s a whole pack missing? :smiley:

4 Likes

its a 9s4p battery, not sure what u talking about there :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Just wrap that thing in a fire blanket and throw it in the ocean. Worst battery I’ve ever seen by a long shot.

Don’t really throw it in the ocean bc the environment but srsly, that battery is a literal dumpster fire.

1 Like

Im just gonna leave this here, and back away slowly…

11 Likes

tape it to a piece of vertical plywood on a stand, set it in the center of the back yard, throw knives at it until it vents all the cells, then throw it away in the neighbor’s trash.

This is absolutely the community approved procedure for proper disposal of packs.

10 Likes