BATTERIES - MEEPO BATTERIES FOR DIY?

Hi everyone,

Has anyone used Meepo board batteries for a DIY build?

1 Like

I have not, but I have seen it done.

Keep in mind though, we are building battery-powered vehicles. Your battery is the most important part of your build. If you use a Meepo battery, then you are going to be limited to the performance of a Meepo.

1 Like

Meepo battery are quite hard to disassemble if you wanna lay it flat, because it has a plastic structure holding the cells together
and 2p is not ideal, except if it’s for a small board and you can get the better ones (8.4 Ah i think), they sag a lot and cannot discharge a lot of amps at all

Thank you. I am on a hunt for a reasonable priced battery that I can trust and can replace easily if it fails in the future. Any suggestions of a good quality battery would be welcome.

PS I am based in the UK. So import/taxes can be an issue especially since Brexit.

Looking for either 10S2P or 10S3P or 10S4P or 12S2P

1 Like

Keep in mine that if you buy too cheap, you’ll pay for the difference and more soon enough
What’s your build idea ? Wouldn’t it better to invest a bit more in a good battery ?

No.

A quality battery will last the entire life of the cells. Buy from a trusted UK builder like @Lee_Wright and you’ll get your money’s worth.

2 Likes

Meepo batteries are limited to 30A cont by the BMS, just FYI.

think you meant @Lee_Wright

1 Like

Yes, fixed.

wish they sold these

3 Likes