Batteries by power and energy density [Serious]

Thought maybe someone might find this useful. double check anything you’re relying on.

update:

13 Likes

yeah but 30q dont cost 5$ a piece there was a deal 200 for 300$ on battery clearing house so the price massively varies

If it sounds like it’s too good to be true, it usually is.

Also those have been sold out for ages.

You can’t base vehicle engineering off some fleeting sale that may or may not pop up briefly at some unknown time. You will never finish your vehicle.

4 Likes

yeah but even here in the uk fogstar has a permanent price of like £2.30 per cell

also apparently battery clearing house is legit
look at the battery builders club thread

1 Like

The samsung 35E is also interesting in the $/Ah class :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep. left that stuff in because it illustrates how one could think about things. used mostly list price of a single battery from IMRBattery so the relative comparison might have a some meaning. if that’s the columns you’re interested you’re free to do the same spreadsheet with data that reflects what’s available to you at the time.

3 Likes

Added 35E

3 Likes

downgraded p42a from 40A to 30A a more conservative estimate from mooch

I am rating this Molicel at 30A continuous with a temperature-limited rating of 40A as long as you stop before the cell reaches 75°C.

Could also increase its diameter to 22mm since they’re usually like 21.8mm :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, shouldn’t it be 4200mAh? :thinking:

hmmm. mooch also makes that call out. I think that’s worth doing.

I’m mostly using mooch’s real world ratings in that chart. he said 4000mah. I try to find the assumed norm in the community because it’s said that some batteries don’t live up to their label.

1 Like

done.

1 Like