BATATINHA - BKB TAYTO + Enclosure. Meepo ER battery 10S2P 40T - Dual Flipsky 6354s. Flipsky 4.20 plus. Blue Caguamas

BATATINHA means little potato in Portuguese, so there.

This is my most recent endeavour. Just a little guy, little battery. Hoping it will be fun. Deck looks really cool.

So the insane process that happens in my mind that leads me to spend all this money on parts is really, really, really INSANE…
this all has to do with an old Jet Spud deck I had sitting in my basement now for like 2 years.

That was from my first real board my Metroboard Micro Slim…

That board had retired a long time ago, but somehow I get this itch with having spare parts…
Mainly I wanted to do something with the deck and the trucks with the nice welded motor mount.

So that got me to do a recent single drive build, which is kind of in Limbo right now.
Getting replacement power button from Flipsky. Getting new Maytech 6.8 Vesc. sometime next month I guess. I plan on refinishing and painting the spud and will do a separate build thread.

So, what does that have to do with this one…
well, that is the insanity part.
because I was messing around with building a Spud I started looking at stuff for the Tayto…
So next thing I go and buy a Tayto and enclosure from BKB.
A new freaking Flipsky 4.20 plus…
A new Meepo ER Battery.
New blue Caguamas and pulleys…
the only parts I actually had for this one was the Flipsky 6354 Motors, and the Caliber Trucks.

I really need to get rid of all old parts I have laying around so I don;t get these insane itches anymore and go buying a bunch of new parts…

So the deck got here yesterday. and it looks sweet.

I got the BKB motor mounts Jared had on super sale and they work fine on a painted Caliber Truck.
they are so easy to set up.

Going with 14/36T 245mm belt.

Next I sanded the enclosure. it was too shinny for me.

And last task last night was to solder terminals on the Flipsky 4.20 plus.

So I am most of the way there right…

The only bummer will be figuring out how to get the enclosure on with the chunky Meepo Battery.

I plan on routing 5-6mm off the deck, and adding a foam pad to bridge the gap.

This is what I have to live with since it is so hard getting batteries…
Meepo delivered in under 2 weeks.
A flat pack would be awesome because the BKB enclosure is such a sweet fit onto their deck…

More to come in the next few days.

12 Likes