Basic info sources for diy ebike?

Hey everybody,

Since the police kinda ruined esk8 for me I need a new daily driver.

Since I come from diy eskate I of course won’t just buy a nice bike with the stupid 500w Bosch motor, I want something proper.

Now im a massive idiot in most bike related stuff, so I have no idea if a bike I choose to convert will actually be easily convertible.

I want to go the e-mtb route, medium size battery (likely 100-200 21700 cells, more if needed and can fit semi hidden), and mid motor if one is available with enough power

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Maybe even an entirely different forum for diy ebikes?

1 Like

EndlessSphere has a ton of ebike stuff from what I know

I haven’t done much research on ebikes yet to actually help you though, some others here have, however.

1 Like

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/

1 Like

you beat me to it.

1 Like

Thank you. I have been registered to endlessspheres for ages, but it somehow always slips my mind that it exists

I also found emtbforums.com and via that I got the right search terms etc to get a view into the topic

First thing I learned, longboards are easy compared to bikes. I didn’t flinch before building my board, and it was the first time I built a board.

But the average emtb on there appears to be built from the ground up of aliexpress parts (which look super dope) but the whole building a bike from the frame up is not my thing

Also I like spending as much money as I can locally, so I might just end up with a nice mtb that I strap a cyc x1 to

Also the average ebike is rather low powered compared to the average eskate, which I find interesting. Suddenly 35e and 50e cells could actually make sense, which is weird

2 Likes