Banged up 72 aluminum pulleys

Not sure what you do to bang them up. I’ve been riding 15/72 since 2019 and only have really hit the pulley 2 or 3 times with larger debris.
Ground clearance:

This is the biggest impact i had i believe

2 Likes

Been riding 15/72 on my main driver for a few years and had to swap out the aluminum wheel motor pulley a month ago for the first time.

Wheel pulley still looks like new.

2 Likes

They’re not as bad as you would think. The cross bars hold them pretty good. Lingyi for life :metal:

I’m not sure about that. That’s what I originally thought too

1 Like

Using all three bars 2 in back 1 in front ? And still not straight? Crazy

The set I have only has the 3 in the back.

Line em up drill a hole and move one to the front.

Been riding with 72 pulleys on 8” pnumies for about a year and never really had an issue. I do not really trail ride however, so not apples to apples. One thing to consider…you have the torque, I just went up to 9” and it’s beastly, I needed the ground clearance but the ride is confidence inspiring. They go over anything,

I was thinking about that, but I like jumps and carving and Im not sure 9" tires would be conducive to that.

However, I ride some really rocky/rough stuff and weigh 195 pounds so may need the clearance.

1 Like

I was thinking about that. These mounts have a recessed part where the motors and bars mount, So I’d need to know the exact distance to make the mounts perfectly parallel and would have to cut a bar down

If I could find a set if the ones you are referring to that would actually reach me at a reasonable time then I’d get a set.

Things tend to get lost in the noob section. I also didnt find much during research.
I think this merits a thread of its own haha.

I wasn’t saying this thread has no merit. I was saying that if you post in the noob thread as well, you might have better luck than just this thread. Just a thought

Yeah sorry didn’t mean to sound like a dick haha. Yeah maybe, but I hate keeping track of the Noob thread

1 Like