Backfire Zealot

Just saw backfire released a new board. Their first belt offering.for 699$ after 200 off no less. I haven’t skated any of their boards, but I know the G3 was a great alternative to the Boosted Stealth.

Just didn’t know if anyone had ridden backfire. Obviously hubs are less powerful than belts, but I figured a few of you had 2 cents they might wanna add

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.backfireboards.com/products/zealot-backfire-belt-drive-electric-skateboard&ved=2ahUKEwjx1ordyInpAhWtJjQIHfVHDjMQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw30uVLeTopvRmDVdedK3pUV

4 Likes

My brother just got a g3 actually, their mid-tier board. I’ve gotta say, it’s pretty damn nice. Super smooth and decently torquey. The hubs also have a really big layer of urethane over them so the ride is actually super smooth combined with the flexy deck. Nothing close to the bkb of course in terms of speed and acceleration, but, for what it is, it’s really nice

2 Likes

12s 21700 cell battery. That’s impressive :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a 12s2p. Parts are actually decent

3 Likes

Only concern is that motor size . They don’t seem to be 63s even , they seem to be 55s

2 Likes

I think those are 5055, not that powerful

1 Like

Oof…yea this thing is gunna have power problems .damn

Personally not a fan of the deck at all, it’s less the 10in wide. Overall it’s ok, but definitely good enough for u to get back in the sport.

1 Like

The x1 pro riot has 5055’s and many reviewers still praised it for its torque. Not that prebuilts really compare to DIY’s tho. Maybe ask @BillGordon - he has had some experience with the riot

2 Likes

Yea…that BKB was fast. Almost 2 fast tho lol…

2 Likes

The g3 in turbo, it’s highest mode, feels fairly similar to the bkb in yellow if that helps at all. Maybe just a bit less torquey. I can’t see the zealot being any slower than the g3, so it shouldn’t be terrible

2 Likes

Actually yea. I don’t ever wanna go that fast on a 29 ever again lol F that

1 Like

Backfire is using the Exway Riot 5255 motors and 12S ESC in their new board. It isn’t comparable to dual 63XX but it’s plenty snappy.

At this price point, I would target the Exway Flex. I’ve ridden the Riot Pro setup pretty hard and it has been really solid.

5 Likes

Backfire G2T was my entry to esk8. Battery’s capacity decreased tremendously after usage. After about 5 months the battery’s total capacity is like 1/4 of what it used to be, they supposedly used 30q but idk.

As if that wasn’t enough, the deck snapped on me while breaking, considering I’m only 50kg it can’t have been well made. If I even buy a chinesium board again, It’d be a Exway.

2 Likes