Backfire 's assmembled with some over-tightened screws, too much loctite used, be careful when trying to loosen

I just sent the 4WD kit for the Backfire Hammer Sledge back. Couldnt even install the new cloudrovers110r because the belt guard couldnt come off on one side, and on the same side one the belt tension screws were so tight it just cannot be loosened without further stripping. Theyre exchanging it or refunding it. They can re-imburse me for the new cloudrovers 110 that cant be installed too :rofl:

you try turning it on and off again?

8 Likes

Sounds like user error ngl, pics or it didn’t happen

5 Likes

Skill issue tbh, maybe try getting good.

1 Like

hi my name is Wendy what would u like to order today?

3 Likes

Hey can I get a crispy chicken sandwich with extra loctite, a medium fries, and a diet coke?

4 Likes
3 Likes

and some ketchup packets please

4 Likes

You can get allen wrenches for super cheap at any auto parts store. Sounds like you were using a drill or a screwdriver on them which is 1000% your fault for not realizing you needed some extra leverage to loosen the bolts.

Sending back a board because you couldn’t be bothered to try one of many solutions for stripped bolts just exposes yourself as a complete idiot who shouldn’t be trusted with drills or screwdrivers. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No idiot , ofcoarse i was using the appropriate allen wrench. They overtightened it . Plain and simple.

Factory screws on those type of board are generally soft junk, and any wrenches they send with the boards are equally junk. There’s probably threadlocker on them. Get better hex wrenches and use a heat gun or whatever to heat them up. Backfire will send you a bag of new screws in 10 weeks and say good luck

2 Likes

And its not a board im sending back
. Just the 4WD kit

PEBKAC

T-handle Kleins FTW.

1 Like

I have a set of Wera hex wrenches recommended by @rafaelinmissouri and they are awesome. Worth every penny.

1 Like