Backfire Hammer Sledge with street wheels? or better AT wheels?

with the 10mm axel theres a little less obvious choices.

I kinda wanted an airless fat rubber tire that was around 120mm , like the ones you see on an Onsra or Eovan.

@EDness i think is selling those rare flash airless wheels.

What are you looking for grippy wheels or a forgiving wheel that’s more comfortable on crappy roads?

Also, you can still run normal thanes on 10mm axles.

rangy , but more shock cozy than PU

I wouldnt know where do get the pulleys and belts from anyway

10mm is the future, there’s tons of wheels that can do it

5 Likes

They all use kegel pattern so pulleys and belts galore, just let us know what you trying to get and we can make recommendations. Forum also has plenty of info.

Cozy wheels like the airless stuff mad 105 wheels (on the harder side), hollow wheel comfort v2 (and Doug’s site has pulley options), about it in terms of thanes id say that get close.

Otherwise yeah you getting into pneumies territory. BKBs, Hoyt 5 inches, SKP 7 inches, linnpower race wide tires, a whole lotta options and a whole lotta hub combinations. TomiBoi hubba hubs, mbs, newbee, etc.

1 Like

Yup I’m selling them. 120mm rubber wheels.

3 Likes

Thanks im a complete noob . The Sledge comes with 340-5m belts and i the plastic pulleys for the stock 6inch AT wheels are 40T.

Id definitely would need to get new corresponding belts for the new pulleys

1 Like

What belts would be appropriate?

Do we have a reliable source for bearings with an ID of 10mm but the same standard OD as standard skate bearings?

Last I saw it was hard to find any that were worth using, but I’ve also not been looking for them actively. If they are easy to get then I might get a surfrodz truck sooner than I thought I would since I’d no longer need to buy the step down piece for them to work as an 8mm axle

1 Like

I’m currently running onsra 115mm airless rubber on 10mm shafts. AMA

6900-2RS

I’ve been using “regular sized” Kegel wheels for almost 2 years on 10mm shafts with these bearings.

They’re nowhere near as good as any actual skateboard bearing and they need to be replaced at least every 1000km

[edited for wrong values and spelling errors]

1 Like

I think @ShutterShock found a good source recently unless I’m mistaken it for a different size bearing.

1 Like

Looks like from a different post that @EDness is selling 48T pulleys with the wheels. So all things staying the same you just need to change that using a belt calculator to calculate the new needed length.

Here’s a random calculator I found online: ReCalc

Ya I used fasteddy.com

@glyphiks recommended them to me

2 Likes

22mm OD 10mm ID 6mm bearings do exist as an option