Back to building, 6th Build Short Board

will it go 50km/hr? i’ve been shying away from a single drive, but that might be a rabbit-hole I have to go down to meet my objective…

That is the only shortboard I have that will hit 50km/h, and just barely.

How fast will MAD hubs go on 12S?

1 Like

I’m guessing up to about 50km/h if they are around 75kv. I have only ever tried hubs on 10s boards, so this is going to be fun to see.

2 Likes

Opinions on this construction? :grimacing: aside from obviously wrong size fish paper rings:

welds look good?

I’m not a welding expert but I would put more fishpaper on the right side under where the nickel passes over the shoulder of the cell. You can cut regular fishpaper with scissors if needed; doesn’t have to be precut rings but those help also

Yep thats a good call

1 Like

You still have the dots from inside the fishpaper rings? You could stick them below the nickel across the tops of the two cells as well.

1 Like

Coming together

2 Likes

Only took a year to finish this board. Finally built another battery for it after scrapping the p42a pack cuz I needed the cells.

12s3p VTC5A

Definitely gotta tone this board down a bit. 12s on those hubs @ 60 motor amps is way to sketchy, but fun. I’ve never liked the process of creating speed profiles but I have to with this one. This was supposed to be my sharable board lol.

2 Likes

Backfire mini. Better for the price than anything I could build. Bonus points for it not being ugly.

I know this is a really old comment to reply to

Yea, don’t think I could beat that price with a DIY either. Could be close if you get a deal on cells. These were from that sweet BCH VTC5A drop last year.

That said I don’t think the torque would compare (curious to know) with a DIY like this. Full throttle is tough to stay on.

Everyone here values their time differently. With the way I value mine, I simply can’t beat the BF Mini. My town is slightly over 1sq mile and very dense. I can have this as my only board and be fine. My fast boards are strictly for fun/ group rides.

Id never take my AT build to get something from the store.

I don’t like taking my street Evo to the store. It’s already too heavy.

I think this little shortys gonna be pretty nice. A good kick around board. All in all, the price wasn’t too bad.

• ~$100 for the deck/enclosure
  • $80 for the battery ($50 in cells)
  • $220 for the Xenith
  • $60 for the wheels and trucks (trucks came in LY mystery box)
  • $200 for the motors (MAD group buy)

3 Likes