Axle options for TB CNC Trucks

I picked up a set of these trucks recently used. It doesn’t appear that they ever brought the variety of axles to market that they originally intended. I would like to know if it’s possible to get axles elsewhere. Any other ways that would allow the evolve / ownboard AT wheels and press fit pulleys to work? This would be a 10mm shoulder with 8mm shaft that is so common in the RKP world.

Should I abandon trying to make this work?

1 Like

cant u just change out the bearing in the pulley to make it fit on 8mm axle?

1 Like

Yeah try changing the pulley bearing from a “6900ZZ” to a “608ZZ”

Ownboard makes a non inflatable set (seen here) that I actually really enjoy riding on. I think the pulley bearing is 26Mm OD 10mm ID/bore. Getting a 26mm/8mm is a bit strange, but even if I located one the shaft length seems to come up short. I have some TB AT hubs that need longer axles.

image|690x376

What’s the thread on them? 10mm diameter where they go into the trucks?

Apparently 11mm threaded. Than an m11 most likely?

That’s the length of the threads on the ends for the wheel nut.

If they’re M8 then I have good news for yoh

they are

Then congratulations, I have 10mm solid axles or 10mm stepped to 8mm. Both install with a 5mm hex key :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe the thought behind this axle design is mostly gonna be useful for PUs (TB110, etc).

The deapth wheel / pulley combo is way deeper than the approx 1.25 portion of 8mm shaft from shoulder to tip of thread. I need something more like 2” for the length.

See the pic and give me your wisdom

Ideally you want a spacer bridge from the axle nut to the hanger face. That way, the nut can be tightened down hard without any binding.

Without knowing all the dimensions, it’s hard to say exactly what would work. Usually there are several configurations that work.

That makes sense. The ones on there have a built in speed washer. I think I could figure it out with a bit of spare space.

Also if you email Tb, they have longer axles to fit their at wheels. Just not on the site.
So @Boardnamics, you have extended axles for these badbois?

1 Like

If they’re M8 thread and 10mm diameter where they go in, I do

4 Likes

Ok! What you charging for these wonders?

what’s axle length u got if they fit in the thread

I don’t know actually. I know the bolt is 97mm long in total (not including the M8 thread that goes into the hanger) It’s 97mm - whatever the hanger hole is.

They’re 60mm overall when on my hangers.

@Lionpuncher i have two versions. Both will be $35 for a set of four

3 Likes

Let me check once I get back home, I have one of those TB CNC truck, hopefully I didn’t loctite them…

1 Like

Holyshit this is a long thread

The thread hole goes real deep, about 33mm

2 Likes