Avoiding belt slip

Check this out , https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/pulleys-to-fit-6-shooter-hubs . I bought from him in the past and great products fairly priced and responsive seller. The pulleys are made of POM so should last you a while. He might also have some belts in stock and he also have motor pulley :wink: . Hope this helps.

:thinking:

Methinks aluminum wheel pulleys and steel motor pulleys much, much better.

Yeah sure aluminium pulleys are ideal but if strapped for cash pom is fine.

1 Like

The links for steel motor pulleys and belts on the same site.

True that

I just wouldn’t describe them as long lasting.

1 Like

Fair enough, medium lasting? :thinking:

that janux pom pulley is almost twice as expensive as that sdp aluminum pulley you linked

eight weeks of summer riding is priceless though

2 Likes

For pulleys, the @3DServisas aluminum press-fit ones are king.

True but :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

Amen! 8weeks of staring at a board waiting for parts is no fun especially for 30-40ish$ difference

1 Like

Slightly true. I use them so that I don’t have to loosen and tighten the motor mounting bolts when changing pulleys and/wheels. I would change belt lengths if needed and move the idlers instead.

I once broke a few heads off of my motor bolts when loosening them trying to adjust belt tension. I think it was the combination of loctite and over torquing of said bolts multiple times over a many adjustments of pulley and belts. End up having to take the motor apart and removing the bolt from the inside and forced to rip the sensor wire to do so.

2 Likes

Just got my 5M belts in and I totally see why I’m having slippage problems with the 3M’s. These are, to put it mildly, significantly beefier.

I 3D printed the 80T pulley over the weekend and received the belts yesterday, and they match perfectly

but as you can see below the 80T pulley is almost as big as the tire, so I need to go back down to a smaller pulley

And I’ve figured out how I’m going to do it. I ordered the 15T from DIYEsk8

But for the 66T I have some 1/2" Delrin in stock, so it’s just a matter of making the tooth pattern, which isn’t that hard. The problem I had was that 15mm is wider than 1/2" (0.59 something) so I couldn’t just make a pulley out of the stuff I had, I was going to have to go get more, but then I realize I could 3D print the outer edges to match the form of the pulley and get both a flange and the correct width. In the below rendering the grey is Delrin (POM) and they blue is 3D printed, probably PETG.

Boosted may have had their own but I stumbled across this guarantee a while ago from a 3rd party. Maybe this is what you saw

Sounds about right. Brake 'em and we replace 'em.

If they had it for my board i would’ve bought them.

Those belts are all HTD 3M’s, I thought we decided we didn’t like those :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Idk Im not going to do it just pointing out where i saw the deal

1 Like

Ok, upgrade complete

Thanks for all your help!

1 Like