Avoiding belt slip

Ah, thank you!

Amazon has some but they won’t deliver until June 4-20th. Do you have any recommendations for vendors that might be able to ship more quickly? I need a 312 but it sounds like the standard is 320, so it sounds like a bit of idler is in my future anyway

Update, I found some that will ship sooner

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/PowerDrive-315-5M-15-Timing-Belt/dp/B00ISCF2Z0/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=315-5M-15+Timing+Belt&qid=1589126479&sr=8-1

315 is a commonly stocked length.

2 Likes

And they cost half as much :slight_smile:

Thank you @BillGordon!

1 Like

I had this issue for long time on 12s single 45a. Colution - drill additional holes in plate to add 2 tentioning pulleys. Never been happier

vbeltguys for the win if yur US… theres a code here for like 15_20% off somewhere…

this is 10 off: TEN10TENOFF

6 Likes

@DougM what pulleys do you have? are they 3M or 5M? If they are 3M you would need to find 5M ones to match the bigger belt teeth.

1 Like

@SaturnCorp - Good catch - they are 3M pulleys.

This is good because I’ve been meaning to change the ratio anyway - I need a bit more climbing power and bit less top speed.

The current ones (for 6" pneumies) are 72:18 teeth.

Can you recommend a place to order the 5M’s with something like 80:18?

Thank you

1 Like

I’m feeling like if u dropped 3 teeth off the motor on 6" that would be a good pop of torque already

Assumptions made on my part. Thanks for the save, @Saturn_Corp

That’s about a 4.4 ratio so you’d be looking for a motor pulley with around 15 teeth (15 is the general consensus on the smallest motor pulley that can be run without slippage) and a 66 tooth pulley.

I’m not sure what wheels you have so finding the wheel pulleys will probably be the hardest unless they are a common hub. Any motor pulley with the right size/shape bore for your motor shaft and setscrew or keyway will work. I recommend Torqueboards and BKB for those.

I found a 72 at SDP-SI but they are out of stock. that led me down the rabbit hole of trying to make my own 80T, which I can do, but it will take a long time and I don’t have the right material in stock, so more $$$.

Neither Torqueboards (DIYElectric) nor BuildKitBoards have 72T, but I’ll order a few of the drive pulleys in different tooth counts (15 - 18 as you guys recommend).

I’m running 6-shooters but I can modify any pulley, I just have to find one.

Thank you,

Check this out , https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/pulleys-to-fit-6-shooter-hubs . I bought from him in the past and great products fairly priced and responsive seller. The pulleys are made of POM so should last you a while. He might also have some belts in stock and he also have motor pulley :wink: . Hope this helps.

:thinking:

Methinks aluminum wheel pulleys and steel motor pulleys much, much better.

Yeah sure aluminium pulleys are ideal but if strapped for cash pom is fine.

1 Like

The links for steel motor pulleys and belts on the same site.

True that

I just wouldn’t describe them as long lasting.

1 Like

Fair enough, medium lasting? :thinking:

that janux pom pulley is almost twice as expensive as that sdp aluminum pulley you linked

eight weeks of summer riding is priceless though

2 Likes

For pulleys, the @3DServisas aluminum press-fit ones are king.

True but :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: