Avast and this Website

So, Avast has been consistently flagging this forum as URL:Phishing since May 13th.

Not sure if anyone else has been getting this, but I’ve reported it as false and need the site owner to do the same to stop Avast from doing this.

Otherwise I’m just using my phone and/or turning off avast when accessing this site…

do yourself a favor and make this permenant. avast is shit. Dont let your antivirus spy on your browser with an extension too, keep it on for downloads and local files only

8 Likes

agreed and planned to switch, but haven’t had time to deal with that.

You don’t even need an antivirus except the stock windows 10 “windows defender”

On pc get some nice plugins

ublock Origin
Decentraleyes
HTTPS everywhere
Privacy badger

For ublock Origin get some custom pre-made filter lists on GitHub which include everything you want.

6 Likes

Antivirus programs are worse for your PCs than actual viruses, especially if they are security riscs themselfes. Which, spoiler alert, they are. Just use adblock and your common sense, and you’re good. I haven’t used an antivirus in the last 8 years and nothing bad has happened. :smiley:

2 Likes

Use Linux.

Windows is truly a cancer of the tech world

1 Like

5 Likes

Totally me

1 Like

Yea, I plan to get rid of it soon, I’ve just been too busy to make any changes.

I also use Linux but as a VM ontop of my PC due to me playing games here and there that are not supported on Linux YET. It’s getting so close.