AVAILABLE NOW - Introducing the BKB Duo! The most versatile electric skateboard kit ever created šŸšØ

Flipsky 4.2 is reliable? genuine question, iā€™ve only heard one other opinion on this and he wasnt too fond of it. iā€™m just looking for something for budget builds so

1 Like

I have about 3 builds running on the dual 4.20+ and I havenā€™t run into issues though many others will disagree. But the general consensus is that itā€™s probably best to keep it under 30A

Keep in mind: itā€™s never my first choice dual ESC but it works

3 Likes

I would suggest Maker-X over Flipsky for a budget setup.

2 Likes

MakerX over flipsky 100x

3 Likes

Check out Scott Davies Mega Vlog on the BKB Duo!

2 Likes

In case anyone is interested, we are selling our Formlabs Form 3. It was used to prototype injection molded parts and now isint used much anymore.

4 Likes

Hey Jared,

Were these kitsā€™ escs being shipped out before the duty cycle current limit start weirdness popped up? Or are these escs not affected by it? Got a local guy with a kit Iā€™m trying to help setup. Thanks!

They are not running 5.X firmware so it shouldnā€™t be anything to worry about. If heā€™s running 5.X it is not the stock firmware that we recommend sticking with

Got it, thank you. I woke up to a frantic slew of messages and I think he updated to 5.1. Was experiencing weirdness with full throttle so I told him to drop the duty cycle current limit start and it went away.

Could you share the default settings and FW version sent with that kit so I can get him set straight?

1 Like

FW3.65 with default FOC detection results. 30A/-15A batt amps per side. 31v and 28v cutoff start and cutoff end.

PPM input wizard with adjusted polynomial curve of -5%/5%

1 Like

The kit still uses the VX1 right? Isnā€™t the low voltage display 32V there?

I canā€™t find a ā€œmainā€ BKB thread and this seems to be the most recently updated one so ere goes:

Do you folks plan to have more stock of tayto deck + enclosures alone? Idk if itā€™s a long dead line or unobtanium but it looks v cool

(Side note if anyone knows a small deck discussion type thread I couldnā€™t find one of those either)

Smaller deck discussion any good for ya?

This could be of interest to you? Same but different.

1 Like

Ayy thanks, yeah I was eyeing that up. Trying to work out if I have spare cash at the moment

1 Like

Any timeline on when weā€™ll get to see an IRL Type R? The renders look nice, but itā€™d be nice to get a better view.

Far as I can tell itā€™s the same kit w a much better battery. Ostensibly that would mean a bigger enclosure or possibly 2 enclosures given the flex of the deckā€¦

The 2 enclosures thing is what Iā€™m interested in. The Type R battery is twice the size of the regular one, so sticking a second one in all that empty space up front would make sense.

There are a few prototypes in use currently. We even assembled a production unit for product photography. The reason renders were used is because we recently moved to NY and donā€™t have a studio set up yet. So we rented a studio and their lighting ended up being really shitty (for what we needed). The photos came out horrible so we had to resort to renders to release on time.

2 Likes

By the way, was the drop in battery capacity for the base model because of supply chain issues or because of less sag in the new cells removing the need for headroom?

1 Like