At Odds End [Build Log]

Bonus logging.

Still not sure if im going to pull parts from this build. The bike rips like nuts haha hard not to laugh. Too much fun to take apart.

Soo… into the rabbit hole of debt i go looking for some parts.

5 Likes

Good,im trying to be encouraging. I do take insane risks, but i pay someone who is more knolwagable than i am with more attention to datail to build my death machine ,when it comes to gear im a safety nazi. I love your innovation. Telling you “you are all good dog,send it!” isnt really helpfull, but giving you food for thought ,and perhaps,a pause to rethink a faiure point and brainstorming stupid solutions might be the seeds for insperation. Im definately following. I always build overbuilt ugly shit,it still fails, so i pay someone to build because going fast is my fore te,building isnt.
Good luck,more power to you,
this was all good,passed math anallsis i wouldnt understand,it was all good,till it wasnt. I hope you keep goin, but listen to well meaning people concerned about safety

2 Likes

im hoping a certian builder finishes his “100 mile an hour build” so i can try to see if it will do 100,and if i can,id never do it on something i built,that would be suicide. However some one with a proven track record and anal attention to detail? YEA ill try to go triple digits,you only live once, im at the halfway point in lfe,lots of gear,why not. “you live more in 5 minutes flat out on a machine like this than some people do in theri entire life” words to LIVE by. Take care

1 Like

Well that sucks. How did it happen? Fortunately there are 4 pins to disperse the load. Were those steel?

Also moment arm on wheels and trucks is bigger than allowed with brackets.

That is the”lava girl” build/ crash thread by @haven

I’m pretty sure if you change them every so often you will be fine, I also think it’s extremely unlikely you would break 2 and not notice the first one going. I’m just playing devils advocate, trying to help your madness along.
At work we have a saying “ even the dumbest guy on the crew eventually has a good idea”

I think all criticism as long as it’s constructive in nature is good. I do get that hearing the same thing from 10 people gets annoying. I’m “ subscribed “

2 Likes

Dumbest, bravest, boldest… thanks…

1 Like

Its just that i hold them, i engineered them, i did it based on my framework of experience in both math and design but also in real world. They are heavy, and heavy duty. A big jump could cause damge but in that case it would be pnematics absorbing shock. I dont jump crazy on urthane just some hops.

Also channel trucks have one pin in the center and i jump the shit outta mine.

1 Like

“ any idiot can go fast in a straight line” Sk8tdad, a week or so ago
I meant motorcycles but they both have wheels, right?

1 Like

i have a 350w hub motor on a 7" wheel(i am not sure of the size,ill look) i stripped it of my kids special needs scooter. i have the speed controler,ih has a headlight attached and what i think is PULL suspension shock. i was going to use it to build my kids eletric recumbent trike,but went another way. I think i have the 2 front wheels too. im going to et it collect dust(CRIME) if i shoot you some pictures do you want it for the cost of shipping? Just build something crazy and dangerous with it.

1 Like

tbh I’m interested. I have to check voltage/vesc compatibility and do more research. I do have some wild builds. one time I…

completely function btw, hardly safe. Surf skate extreme rake/flow.

Better version… in analog photos, more swell tech

76ee2bf20620c013a4aedbf20adc6e489bd9bd95_2_487x500

2 Likes

its not going anywhere, i hate it when i come across stuff years later i was going to sell, but couldnt be bothered,and think if only id just given it away to a good home. i think i have the front wheels still on the stering handlebars,it was a 2 wheel tilting scooter, my kid has balance isssues, neither of my kids are “dare devils”(read jackass ) i think growing up with me hurt all the time scared them? so it will be here, ill post the front end/wheels pics later. they will be in the dusty horde box with the spiders and dust bunnys and Smaug

1 Like

i have no idea waht ijust looked at, but im slightly arroused,can i have hidef pictures(dont you dare judge me)

Roger, ill do some thinking

1 Like

Unfortunately the board was a few years back and my surfskate adapter phase only happens during the summer. More this summer!

1 Like

I also have an eco-mobile M 24 Pro with 10 inch tires. I just need to put back together so I can sell it. It’s a very weird floating feeling four-wheel-drive off-road board but the potential for a madness project and it is awesome.

1 Like

Jeez, thats outta my budget for sure! Really interesting board though i can see some odd use for those parts.

It was a I was drunk eBay sniper purchase. I woke up and realized I had bought a board.

Sometimes you make a bid thinking that it can’t possibly go through just for shits and giggles. Next thing you know have to write a check.

1 Like