Arythmia 4WD - Boundmotor Octopus

Personally i would keep the white wall tires, but looking good! :smirk:

2 Likes

@rusins I dont rekon they’ll last very long, they dont have a very deep pattern to them and I only got one set to test them… they should last long enough for the glam shoot tho :wink:

Tidying up nicely

I didnt quite make my goal of a ride for xmas. Still a little bit of cable work to do and still to get the radium antisparks installed. So not too far off but still far enough away to be irritating

2 Likes

Heatshrink those bullets bro.

4 Likes

@rosco Haha, yeah man, still fitting it up so finishing off various bits like that to go still

1 Like

Loose fitting now complete, awaiting a few parts such as titanium mounting bolts etc and still need the antisparks wired in.

These builds take forever with only a few hours a day with which to further the project between kids and running a bar, there’s precious little time left over.

Amusingly, I cocked up the final shortening of phase wires and sensor wires… that aside. I’m pretty happy how the cable arrangement has worked, needs a few more hours of heat shrink and general tidying up but im at the point where the final internals is the next step.

Annoyingly i cant seem to find colored flanged wheelnuts to suit the 10mm axles and i may need to replace all 4 mounts as they arent long enough to add a belt tensioner with the 78t pulleys but i dont think ill be riding this hard enough off the bat to need them. It can wait.

4 Likes

Tidying up the cables to be ready, annoyingly one motors cables are about 5mm too long so have to rip it out and trim it up. The idea is that when its all connected up (and not on fire) ill put a last large heat shrink over both the phase wires and sensor cables for just that touch extra strength.

One side unheated

2 Likes

Looks dope. I was lazily and just covered mine in glue, but respect the dedication to a perfect board.
Out of curiosity, what bushings are you running on that thing?

@VultureEyes , thats a really good question… they are venom bushings I think from memory, Green rear and red front, they’ll probably get changed out for riptides. I run red rear and blue front on the flux and i love that set-up for that deck, for now I’ll just run with whats on it till the board is running and i can get a feel for it.

1 Like

Is that bullets and amass connectors on the phase leads?

1 Like

@Monstra, Yessir, jumpers through the enclosure

What was the idea there?

Waterproof connectors, they’ve been made so that i can swap motors externally, everything has a jumper through the enclosure. Theory is i dont want to have to drop the enclosure to do anything to it.

Ive needed to uplevel my soldering over the course of this project somewhat but I think that im getting there now. The top one is my least favorite, its just the ugly sibling i swear…

3 Likes

Won’t it disconnect at the mr60 anyway?

Yes they would, i felt that leaving the phase wires as bullet connectors would be easier for plug and play.

Ive regretted this a number of times…

If i have a joint a bit bulbous I usually just file it down a bit. Not sure if it’s the best practice but it makes me feel better about how it looks haha.

5 Likes

I fixed it with heat shrink

I don’t know why we don’t utilise crimping more often. A hexagonal crimper on a decent lug is going to provide a better connection and won’t stress insulation or create a point in the wire strands more prone to stress like solder does.

2 Likes