Are pneumatics really neccesary?

A light weight, no fuss 250cc dirt bike that I can refill by siphoning gas from just about anywhere.

1 Like

My opinion is, pneumatics are great for up to 30ish I think (the ones I’ve ridden anyway). Best option for inner cities, fast cruising around unfamiliar places, hitting dirt paths. But nothing quite beats the smoothness of thanes at 30+ on predictable fresh rolled pavement or carving through mountain roads. Two different machines that are similar but not quite interchangeable.

5 Likes

God damn. Lotta unhealthy bullshit being said already :pensive:

It’s easy. Pneumatics for comfort, thane for speeds. None equal the other. Smart move get interchangeable kit.

Thane if you want to feel the road
Pneumatics if you wanna ride on clouds

Now if I’m not mistaking. New hummie deck is good for 12s4p and most likely you’ll be using 30q cells. What that tells me is you’ll be seeing good 10 mile range on pneumatics

Hope that helps

10 Likes

Rubber is for turn grip and speed. Good thane is good for fast and straight, limited turn grip. This is what a premium PU speed wheel does when spun up.
We go faster uphill on rubber then the best in the world go downhill on thane.

8 Likes

Pneumies will do anything if set up well and balanced, not to mention riding in the wet or cold. When going on really long and fast rides, given variable road conditions it’ll also be the superior choice for rider endurance.

4 Likes

That is a big claim there Moe. 90mph?? uphill??

6 Likes

Then I think you will love TB110 wheels. I would be using them as well, if it weren’t for the many potholes and cobblestone streets where I live.

2 Likes

Maybe not there in terms of pure speed but already he is beating records at Mary Hill by a good amount.

3 Likes

40 mph is a test of your skill. It really is and to take it on daily on roads is dangerous to say the least. That said its more fun than practically anything else but be aware.

TB110’s for the win with a 12s4p battery. Running a numie build with that battery will kill the range especially hitting the throttle that hard.

4 Likes

Was refering to this.

Pretty sure Tim Del was mostly thinkin straight and fast at 90+
He is the man!

6 Likes

Ok fair enough on a time trial.

2 Likes

No.

Get both and find out. I did and I like either one.
Rubber is better for grip and comfort on rougher terrain.
I’m never able to go around a kart track as fast on pu as on rubber. I do however like the challenge.

Looking forward to your answer.

4 Likes