Are frchobby motors any good?

haven’t had any real issues with mine on my 20S bro build… yet. But there are better options for sure. Just not cheap ones. I’d prob pick up some of those BH flipshits if I was rebuilt to be honest though.

TBF I don’t ride nearly as hard or as much as I used to :confused:

1 Like

i guess you guys are not selling 12s boards anymore? Does the flipsky 63100 fit on the falcon GD?

i didnt know there were multiples of me :crazy_face:

why not?

no idea. if they’re truly 63mm then probably

All hail the Freer Chobby.

4 Likes

From the thread title I kept reading “french hobby”

1 Like

we’ve gone over this mannnnn
its free rc hobby

1 Like

Freerch Obby

This is what I’ve experienced multiple times

2 Likes

A retaining ring in one of mine came loose and scared the shit out of me. I preemptively bought a new motor but that wasn’t nessesary. Oof

@Avi just avoid them, they aren’t good the cans like to come free from the shaft, the windings are kinda crap, then there is also the size of the can. From personal experience sealed or non sealed doesn’t really matter, but u want a thick can for the stator. this keeps the motor relatively cool and the cooler the motor that you have the better, since your motors run more efficient and regen braking is much smoother (tldr cooler motors with good windings have nice braking), if u really need cheapness and okish motor just buy non sensored motors off ebay, also @NMSkate has some 6374 motors SK3s. these are ok motors not the best by any means, but far better than most motors. and they r getting rid of inventory $65 a piece + shipping

yeh especially if u buy them on banggood u save like $40-60 usd on shipping

1 Like

500km with my 63100 Freerchobby and 0 problem…

What area/climate do you live in?

Do you use it as a tool (like commuting to work, for example) or just a toy (group rides for example) ?

Did you oil anything?

Do you live near snow or ocean?

I’m in France in Lyon (no ocean nor snow), normal climate (cold in winter, hot in summer), I use it mainly for group ride but I used it as a tool sometimes.
I even rode my board in the snow at Chamonix one time.
I just put loctite on the shaft’s grub screw and that’s it…

2 Likes