Are Boardnamics trucks any good?

6 Likes

Ah my bad just saw your Facebook post, I assumed it had a hex cap. Cool more shitty boardnamics parts. Sorry bout that

2 Likes

we had a whole discussion about this right?

1 Like

Oh man. Iā€™m a little nervous to run those now. I have a set sitting in a box and that may be where they live now. Thanks for bringing this to attention

6 Likes

Canā€™t you just use a hex headed bolt?

I donā€™t think its possible for it to come out while the nub of the hanger in the the pivot cup imo

Idk how tf you plan on riding your board

1 Like

Wrongā€¦I almost ate shit

5 Likes

Just to comment on this earlier response by @anubis : this is some serious commitment to the esk8 community in the EU. His website is great, the options are excellent and the prices look great too. Cheers :beers: . I can only hope his inventory grows ( and his workspace). EU guys should give him a shot with their business.

Another 25 miles on my BN hangers and no issues

7 Likes

@moon I see u, check this shit out

I only tested them for two weeks, I have no affliction with Boardnamics. Just tested them and thatā€™s it since Iā€™m a neighbor of his. This is not something you should complain to me for, hope youā€™re ok though.

1 Like

wheel sheeet

I spent all day riding these in Icy conditions enjoying the width and stability, did a bunch of 180 slides

1 Like

Nopeā€¦

1 Like

Is the kingpin not a press tight fit? Adhesives irrelevant. The caliber kingpins come out too. And thereā€™s no way for them to come out while youā€™re riding. Theyā€™re under tension

3 Likes

his complaint is there is no mechanical retention.

I think it needs just like a grub screw kinda fix

3 Likes

Iā€™m not trying to be spiteful just a little bit confused

I swear I saw CAD pictures of adjustable baseplates with an actual kingpin at some point.

Just looked now and itā€™s not?

Not looked at a fixed angle baseplate either

3 Likes

Maybe this will help.

8 Likes

Is the implication that they fall out? Are they loosening? Whatā€™s the tolerance measure to?
Thereā€™s no detention on most stock Baseplates other than press fit. If it was anything less than that I would presume it would introduce wobble

1 Like

Something was not done right when I assembled that one.
The math says that after 7 days of curing, the force required to take that pin out is 1900lbs.
The adhesive is loctite 680 retaining compound which is designed for this application. Itā€™s also very vibration resistant. This is clearly an assembly error.

This is with data from this https://tdsna.henkel.com/americas/na/adhesives/hnauttds.nsf/web/461C42048B60E62C882571870000D86B/$File/680-EN.pdf

It is

The area is 531mm^2 and the compressive shear strength is 16N/mm^2 on aluminum. Thatā€™s around 8400N or 1900lbs.

The clearance between the kingpin and the baseplate hole is very very close. I actually have to warm the baseplate up to around 50C to insert the kingpin. Looks like I didnā€™t put nearly any adhesive on that one.

Little surprised this happened when you rode because there should be little force trying to take the kingpin off when riding. The force is mainly on the hanger seat which travels through the bushings into the baseplate. Kingpins see lots of side forces.

1 Like

I thought Iā€™d do a service. Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s the confusion?

Waitā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:what? Just a post glued into a pocket? No head? Whatā€™s the small hole?

Iā€™d grub screw that into a notch on the shoulder personally. But the adhesive data supports it. I would be concerned with long term use

2 Likes