Are Boardnamics trucks any good?

If the mount moves, use loctite and tighten the shit out of it.

If it moves again, use JB Weld instead of Loctite and put it all over the mount and the truck hanger as well. Don’t touch the bastard for a whole week. Then try it out.

If it moves again, shitcan it and start over with different stuff.

4 Likes

Torqueboards wrenches would a pretty useful and cheap tool for making esk8 drivetrains.

1 Like

I degrease my screws and hardware

4 Likes

Did you give them 8hrs to cure? Same thing happened to me with my torqueboards mounts, I thought that was my problem but I never had time to test because I switched to BKB mounts

I gave them 8 days to cure lol

2 Likes

Shoot! Good to know. This is why I went with fixed position mounts. Seems like a stupid, fail prone design to begin with

3 Likes

Did you guys actually hold the bolt head + used a wrench to tighten that lock nut? You can’t tighten it using the bolt head as you’ll strip the head and/or won’t be tight enough.

4 Likes

That’s what I’ve done on my namics mounts. Sequence:
-Torque socket head cap screw down
-Using socket/wrench torque down nylock nut
1 more time:
-See if I could get any more torque onto socket head cap screw
-Repeat on nylock nut

Also tried to get plate screws into the corners of “bolt channels” that way if they do slip the plate can’t go far

Like in this photo I stole from @rafaelinmissouri

3 Likes

Yes I did, Allen key and socket head torquing it to the point of stripping

Interesting

In my next run, ill switch to a series of holes. Not as adjustable but it cant rotate whatsoever. I agree that is the weak spot on my mounts in more ways than one.

During testing, I found that tightening the cap screws a lot actually makes them sink into the aluminum a bit, keying them in

8 Likes

I noticed on tiller mounts that there are just a couple of single holes in combination with the “open channels” I think this will retain some adjustability while also hardening the design

5 Likes

When could one expect the XL boardnamics mountain board trucks?

I have a MBS deck and wheels but crappy old trucks. Could just switch to matrix II or something but I liked the idea of massive precision trucks.

I had plans in the future to make a precision mountain board truck that used bearings to support the pivot. Maybe use 26mm hex bar extrusion as the hanger.

5 Likes

That would be dope as hell.

1 Like

what about this you gonna be selling the hangers and mounts?

2 Likes

I’m getting in on the next order, but I don’t stock them ATM as my store started out with dickyho mounts and I still have a couple left :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You can get complete setups with adjustable and fixed Baseplates from @Boardnamics as well

1 Like

These are not good regardless of 600 posts. The base plates, at least fixed, have glued in kingpins. This is inherently deadly, unless you weigh 60lbs and ride straight only. Not to mention the axles need to be fixed as well. I can appreciate the low cost, but somebody could get fucked up. This dude needs to thread the kingpin or go with the Randal/Caliber baseplate design.

7 Likes

I’m with you on the axles but do you mean the kingpin isn’t permanently in the baseplate? Cuz that’s fine. Same as caliber and all the others. With a proper bushing setup and a nut on the other end it’s not going anywhere

4 Likes

No, it’s not fine or the same as you mentioned. With those trucks, the hex cap, or end will stop it from pulling through. Look at my pic again closely. It’s a tube w glue on one end nothing to anchor it.

6 Likes