Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Itā€™s definitely a pretty niche metric grub that goes in here because it needs to be short af too so it doesnā€™t stick out of the pulley.

1 Like

Maybe @dickyho knows

1 Like

There actually is ONE, and it happens to be accross the street from me here! And I have bought them out of almost all their metric hardware

1 Like

Having an interesting issue. Both my motors pass foc motor detection and spin fine. When I try and throttle up on the remote one motor spins at like half throttle and the other just cogs and doesnā€™t spin. All connections are solid as it passes detection and spin fine. Using dual focboxā€™s and a nano remote.

Probably super simple and Iā€™m missing it but all Iā€™ve had to eat so far today has been like 3 bud lights.

1 Like

What controllers and motors and remote?

1 Like

I figured it out, for some reason it wasnā€™t apply the hallsensor results. I went to the hall sensors tab and did hall detection and it worked. Like I said something super simple I missed :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Awesome!

I bet you didnā€™t actually apply and write it. God knows I have done that shit more times than I care to admit.

2 Likes

Itā€™s weird, I definitely thought I did. Itā€™s all good it works now. Just ripped it around my neighborhood after not having a board for 3 weeks. Felt great haha. This is why I posted it under this thread instead of creating one lol. I blame the beer.

2 Likes

The grubs were in there I didnā€™t see - Iā€™m an idiot. M5 X 5 .8 pitch.

2 Likes

Will Kegel style wheel pulleys fit ABEC clone wheels if I drill them in place?

Why in the f. does the VESC tool always say that one of my Vescs has older firmware(when connected via CAN), even though i just updated them and set them up.

EDIT : I still havenā€™t managed to find a guide that shows me how to set up 2 vescs via can in bldc.

1 Like

Does anything about this data look concerning? Mainly Iā€™m wondering about ESC temp (too high?) , efficiency and usage? Thanks

No. The ABEC clone wheels arenā€™t very good, even any set of Labeda wheels would be better (Orangatang, Popoca, Boa, TB110, et cetera) and theyā€™d fit those pulleys perfectly.

Or any California polyurethane wheels. The ABEC clones are China polyurethane.

1 Like

Me again! I saw on Prysideā€™s threads that a TVS Diode is highly reccommended. Is this needed? I have an anti-spark loopkey and this is my VESC. I just put in an order from Mouser for fuses with $7 shipping so it would be annoying to have to put in anotherā€¦

Second question: I installed cheap pulleys onto cheap(ish, well rated) ABEC clone flywheels
and thereā€™s a bit of wobble when spun. What is the best way to help stabilize?
Iā€™ve loosened and tightened the screws several times trying to get it nice and square. Also can only fit 3 screws but thereā€™s room for 6, I think its because the spokes on my wheels are too thick.

Those pulleys suck and Iā€™ve had to replace every one Iā€™ve used.

Unfortunately, my advice is donā€™t use those specific ones.

Try the @dickyho one, especially if you have room on the axle for a bearing in them. If not, just put the bearing in the pulley while you tighten the bolts to keep it concentric

@dickyho you might want to link your store on your profile :wink:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/eboard-shop?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

just did that, thanks!

2 Likes
1 Like

136F is warm but not hot for an ESC. Usually the thermal protection is set for 80C, which is 176F.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen some picture of builds where they would put red decal reflectors wrapped around the motors. What are some good ones ? Iā€™ve seen some on amazon but also seen som 3M ones. I want some good ones for night rides, what you guys recommend?