Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Yeah, just checked and it is.

Iā€™d say if you were to print it with 60-100% infill in PLA itā€™d probably be fine. Lower infill percentages if you use something tougher than PLA, like Nylon, PETG or high-durometer TPU. Only real way to test is to print some and torture them.

Because theyā€™re in compression it shouldnā€™t be too critical.

2 Likes

You wanting to break down, I hear

Whats the best way to put a design under a glass-frit deck?

Since you said ā€œbestā€ Iā€™m going to have to say ā€“ pony up the cash to pay for a custom @Sender Skates deck skinning.

9 Likes

Yea i have the budget of a resold boosted board i dont think thats gonna work for my wallet :zipper_mouth_face: What would be best for DIY side of things. Would spray paint for a very basic background work? or would i need some sort of special paint?

Epoxy a custom cloth from spoonflower and then add frit, but itā€™s a delicate process that involves correct timing. I think @yelnats8j pulled it off successfully

I would not use paint under frit.

2 Likes

Yeah I did do it, but its a hell of a process and unless you plan on doing more then one deck your better off getting @Sender to do it for you.

@Astro the best way to do something budget thats nice and custom is use automotive paint to paint the top and cut custom grip tape.

2 Likes

why no paint? I was thinking of using a multi colored (purple/black/gray/little bit of pink) spray paint galaxy like background with white glass frit as the stars. I made a design on my ceiling using spray paint that I think would look dope on a board if i got the colors right.

Paint creates a barrier between the epoxy and the deck making it a weak bond.

3 Likes

@yelnats8j @b264 Thanks for clearing everything up for me. One last thing, do you know how much Sender typically prices his designs at or is it design-specific?

I think if you donā€™t make your own design and send it to spoonflower than you have to contract someone else to do that part as well. I know @mmaner is handy in those ways.

You can also choose from the tens of thousands of designs they already have

5 Likes
4 Likes

Tim and Mike will take care of the design from spoonflower for you once you decide what you want or design something yourself. Typical pricing starts around $175 I believe assuming you donā€™t want to add carbon fiber or fiber glass to the board also. I honestly looked up pricing to diy it but itā€™s going to cost about 120 or so just for first time materials. Timā€™s work is worth the money and priced quite reasonably.

4 Likes

Anyone know what size grubs these dickyho pulleys take? Waited forever for these and they forgot to send the screws. I swear 1/10 esk8 vendors donā€™t fuck orders up :rofl::rofl::rofl:=/

I donā€™t have any, and I donā€™t know, but Iā€™ve seen enough pulleys to confidently say they are

75% chance M4

20% chance M5

5% chance M3

0% chance FUB

Also the ones in the photo look M4

I think theyā€™re M5 I tried em with one I got lying around but the pitch is different. Will take it to the hardware store tomorrow and try some things out.

1 Like

They might be M4 x 0.7 or M5 x 0.8 then, are you using M4 x 0.5 or M5 x 0.5?

itā€™s definitely M5, M4 was too small. Iā€™m guessing M5 X 0.8? Could be M5 X 1.0? Iā€™m really not sure, but the thread doesnā€™t work.

1 Like

I donā€™t know about Minneapolis but here in Saint Louis there are zero or MAYBE one mom-and-pop hardware store that would have anything like this. Certainly not Home Depot or Loweā€™s or Menardā€™s

I have to order almost everything online.

There should only be two M5 size, normal and fine, or M5 x 0.8 and M5 x 0.5

2 Likes