Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

What’s the issue here?

Solder won’t stick to the bullet connector and wire, I use lead free solder - am I missing Flux? I don’t have any in near time :frowning:

My eyes.

2 Likes

@xsynatic
I know my soldering skills are not great in any way :sweat_smile: but it should be possible to solder this damn bullet connector to this wire, right?

Even if the solder somehow sticks to the wire or connector - it looks like this…
Cry

Your friends are: big enough contact, heat and usually flux. Rosin core solder to be exact. Or seperate flux from Amazon

1 Like

Alright, so I’ll wait for my Flux to arrive… ^^
Sadlife

What’s the go-to charge port folks are building with these days? I’m doing some Amazon shopping.

2 Likes

these are the @kook approved charging sockets you’re looking for, @Ancient

6 Likes

I use XLR, theres a wasted pin unfortunately but up to 15A and plenty o’ surface connectors.

2 Likes

Does anyone know resources for abandoned e scooter hacking?
Just for education purposes

I hajve some spare stamps…

Yeah, I kind of thought that…
A lot of stamps…

I tbink i found why my first real ride with the tb 110 (78a) was suprr sketchy sometimes.

I was riding over some rsther not so nice roads and i felt how the board is jumping left and right almost losing balance multiple times. On one side it could really just be the rebound of the wheels but upon investigating the chirping noise
↓

noise

Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

i noticed that my god damn whole baseplate moves

1 Like

Ah yah I have to check these every once in a while and tighten them up they just seem to eventually shake loose especially riding on rough roads (using nyloc nuts too).

1 Like

That thing doesn’t even have 100 miles on it :sweat_smile:

38km today on smooth and rougher roads
2x 12km on smooth roads.

Rolling on wide wheels you can sometimes get a sideways roll I noticed it with my 107s on roads with rocks. Less noticeable with at or 97s but it your case you have a kingpin issues.

Kingpin why that? It’s the baseplate that moves.

weird no faults but my bored keeps throttling speed madly and it looks like it definitely didn’t ghit the 100c cut off

dose anyone know why my bored is doing this

It was scary as fuk gotta say

I’d guess your iron is way too cold, and you don’t let it heat the bullet nor the wire.
And it’s consistent with the solder spike on the wire.

1 Like