Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I swear there’s a total of 3 strands of copper in each of those little sensor cables. They’ll definetly fail first, i’ll give you that, but while they work i want to get the best of them.

I’m also kind of hoping that hfi will get more possible frequencies in the future. From inaudible to some motor scream that makes every esk8 enthusiast moist. Maybe start low at 500hz and work all the way to inaudible?
Right now it’s at “bad microwave transformer” level

1 Like

I’m amazed that you’ve backflipped so hard on FOC. HFI really that great of a feature to anyone wondering

2 Likes

The only reason I like FOC is because of HFI sensor mode.

2 Likes

The common sensor mode we use is actually “sensored hybrid”. Basically the vesc needs the sensors to know where the motor is at low RPM, but above a certain speed it can tell just by the back-EMF signals coming from the motor, and so it stops relying on the sensors.

TLDR yes, it’s normal for the vesc to switch from sensored to sensorless at a few thousand erpm.

1 Like

I get this part, i understand why it’s like this, but can’t figure out if the sensored part should indeed sound like a stepper motor or i’m doing something wrong

Yeah, that’s a normal BLDC motor sound. If you want it to sound different, the only thing you can really do is go FOC.

It… is on foc. Most of the sound still audible above 4000erpm is the belt system. I can run the same thing on the other motor that doesn’t even have a pulley on to prove it

ay can any of you guys tell me what you set for motor temperature sensore type under motor setting general >advaced

You set it for whatever kind of sensor is in your motor.

Usually it’s a 10K NTC.

It sounds fine to me regardless.

1 Like

fuk any of you guys know why my bored is throttling ?

I gave you a list of things to do/check the other day.

Did you do/check all the things I suggested you do/check?

What were the results of the doings/checkings?

4 Likes

how do i check my vesc logs ? sorry im a bit of a noob so alot of this stuff confuses me

I set the theram settings to default and i did not understand what you ment about not enough bttry amps to power it

I find when i turn it on its strong but the speed fades out and comes back through my standard 30 min ride

To check the temperature of things, do these steps, in this order.

• Go ride your board hard until it starts to throttle. Preferably near your house, maybe around the block or back and forth on your street.

• once it starts to throttle, go inside and plug the vesc into your computer.

• open up vesc tool, go to the “realtime data” tab on the left side. You have to enable realtime streaming by clicking the “RT” button on the right side.

• Once you see this page,

look at the numbers down at the bottom in the middle gray box. You have “T FET”, and “T Motor”. T FET is the temperature of your vesc. T motor is the temperature of your motor.

• whichever of these is highest, probably is the one causing your throttling. It could be your vesc, or it could be your motor.

• There are settings for the maximum temperature of both of those. You can tell the vesc “don’t let the motor get over X degrees”, and when it gets to that temperature, the vesc will stop putting power into the motor to keep if from getting any hotter. That’s throttling. Same for the vesc temperature.

3 Likes

ok ill do that

gonna go out for a 330 min ride and ill drope it when i get back again ty for the help as id be fucked

Uploading: 15900434630651585398022467471507.jpg…

Idk if i was to late took my a good 15-20 min to coneccect to my pc b

Why do you need to know?

1 Like