Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Yep I know but so does the unity
12s means what it should run it
Not what I could run at

Maybe will sell those and get a stormcore when they are available

1 Like

Anyone here can confirm the myth, that 4.12 FSESCs (Flipsky) often die when running FOC and that BLDC is much more better with them?

1 Like

So a couple years ago when Flipsky first entered the market, their QC was absolute dogshit and their controllers would blow if you gave them the side eye. They have definitely improved slightly but you should still be aware of the issues. 10s FOC is fine, but 12s FOC is a push. I have 12s FOC on my board with 4.12, but I don’t really ride and I have blown plenty of those ESCs. If you are looking for a higher quality ESC for FOC go with either FOCBOX, Neobox6 (depending on your morals), or wait for Dexter to pull the trigger on his Torqueboxes. Stormcore is just around the corner, and there are EEs actively developing their ESCs here everyday.

I feel like the longer I’m here the more I turn into Brian

6 Likes

Trucks squeaky af. What do you guys use? Is parafin wax the only solution?

1 Like

Any lubricant will help as long as it doesn’t attack the urethane of the bushings. Wax is nice because it’s dry and doesn’t stick to/pick up any road dust/debris, and it doesn’t have much sticktion.

You could use grease, oil, vaseline, hell even Pam would probably help.

very new here and I need help.I am looking to buy a battery used/new anyone care to help me find the right person/group.

Location? Voltage? Capacity? Discharge? Form factor?

2 Likes

NY
I dont really know much but i have a 10s esc and was hoping to get something like a 10s2p or 3p

Wheel type, ride conditions, and target range?

1 Like

i have these wheels https://www.amazon.com/MBS-13401-All-Terrain-Longboard-Wheels/dp/B015GJN0BA/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3SLIEGZFO9CJJ&dchild=1&keywords=100mm+all+terrain+skateboard+wheels&qid=1589920727&sprefix=100mm+all+ter%2Caps%2C447&sr=8-1
With a 36t/16t gear setup
Uhhhh not quite sure what you mean by ride conditions…
and target range of 15ish miles anything higher than 10 is fine but hopefully anything 15+

Going off road or up hills or are you heavy?

2 Likes

Sorry for changing the topic, but I have a quick question. I am going to buy this ESC (https://alienpowersystem.com/shop/esc/ev-esc/alien-300a-4-24s-evolution-3-esc-hv-sensored/) with this motor (https://alienpowersystem.com/shop/brushless-motors/80mm/c80100-v2-sensored-outrunner-brushless-motor-180kv-7000w/). Is there an esc/vesc that would work better or is a lower price than this APS brand one?

What’s the gist there?

Without an actual voltage, it’s hard to say, but you should set your VESC cutoffs super-conservative on lipo. If you run them low and especially if you draw high currents when they are lower, they will puff.

If an ESC is not specifically for skateboard, you should probably not use it. It might not have regenerative brakes at all (something designed for quadcopter / efoil / ebike) or the throttle and/or brakes might be jerky and knock you off the board.

The VESC software is king right now for smooth skateboard operation and versatility.

1 Like

What is your goal for the build? I would not buy either of those without good reason.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. Do you have a VESC that you recommend instead. I will be running 18s and it recommends that the ESC is 200A.

The VESC 75/300 from @Trampa is your best bet right now for that.

edit: sorry, that tops-out at 16S

Is this for a longboard?

Thanks for the help. No. It is for an electric scooter.

1 Like