Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

It’s still possible to use polyester, but it’s pretty nasty - it smells awful, it eats through nitrile and latex gloves, and it’s hard to mix consistently - Too much hardener and it will set up in your mixing container, too little and it’ll stay gummy and sticky forever. It’s also really temperature sensitive - If you work somewhere hot, it will set up a LOT faster than if you are somewhere cold. I learned this all the hard way, so you don’t have to! :smiley:

Yeah, epoxy is significantly more expensive than polyester - That’s one of the reasons people suffer through that horrid stuff.

1 Like

I guess @eBoosted enclosures are so steep of a price no more…God dammit

2 Likes

Around what circumference are the 3 phase wires and the sensor wire that comes from the motor?

All together, or each one?

All together, for sheathing purposes

You can probably fit them in a 1cm diameter circle if they are 12AWG

1 Like

Perfect timing.

1/2" cable braid worked perfectly for me. Don’t mind that it’s alextech haha not sure if you’re familiar with that scheme. The waterproof cable junction is a pg21 gland just FYI and BARELY fit them both.

3 Likes

I appreciate the concise measurements. And ofcourse, how could anyone forget the alextech situation. The reason i was asking is because i was looking at AN-8 hose-ing for the wires. Way overkill, but proper waterproof with a gland and would provide strain relief + protection on the wires in the case they were snagged

1 Like

Never heard of it but sounds badass. Got a link?

1 Like

Does anyone have experience with the Dremel Versatip 2000-6 ?
I was thinking about getting one to use as a portable soldering iron.

This kinda hose is normally used in the automotive industry for high pressure fuel, oil, etc

3 Likes

TS80 or 100?

I am not sure I can have any of those delivered before I leave for holidays.
Also if the Dremel works well, it can be used for many other things.
I already have a better soldering iron (ersa rds80) so have no need for a ts80 or 100 apart from travelling.

1 Like

Anyone know what could replace koowheel 1st gen(greenwheels) hub pu? They’re starting to break up

@Zach I should have thought of those for mine

2 Likes

I love that idea but how would you do the connection to the motor?

Are you asking how to route wires through hose? You really are getting old :kissing_heart:

1 Like

How to make it pretty is all. Glanding the enclosure works. I do that but the motor connection with a very stiff rubber and stainless hose will be problematic. Just wondered what ideas the young fella had that I might not have thought of. Some sort of right angled bracket between the motor and plate so you could attach a gland etc…

ps I’m not getting old son. Its already happened. :joy:

2 Likes

Those hoses still have some flex to em to bend . When I used them on a car I heated them up with a torch and bent them how I needed

I tried to use some plumbing flexi connectors on a build and the motors were a problem. All the flex transferred to the connection and put pressure on the wiring which would over time then put pressure on the bullet connectors within. Wasn’t comfy with it so shelved the idea. Still like the idea though so just shooting shit out to see if a genius has some solution. Like the heat idea though.