Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Thought of buying thisā€¦
9cmx9cmx11cm

But its too small

na

i paid 30ā‚¬ more and got an Ender 3.

4 Likes

Ender 3s FTW. Best bang for your buck for sure. All of mine printed perfectly out of the box

4 Likes

Just found that one recommended by everyone on the internet :slight_smile:
How beginner friendly is it?
Good tutorials etc on it?
Iā€™ve never done anything 3d printing relatedā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s the most well documented diy printer Iā€™ve found.

Documentation is well illustrated and laid out. You shouldnā€™t have any issue.

1 Like

Yep lots of 'em.

MakersMuse
Chep

and so on. Building is straight forward, even with the manual you get. Option B is to watch the video version

1 Like

Is it somewhat usable without 100 mods? :joy::sweat_smile:

Absolutely. Only need to mod if you want to print fancy filaments like flexible tpu, nylon, etc.

1 Like

I plan on getting it for printing a few remote enclosures, maybe a VESC one too, etc

You can make a box with a 3d printer with the screw shape already made so that bolts fit right in?
I want to have a box with a roofplate that I can take off If I want too, secured with screws into the box.
Or wonā€™t this work?

(explanation skills)

Not even. I print TPU without any mods. Canā€™t speak about nylon and such.

From my perspective no mods are 100% necessary but some make your experience better overall.

@Niklas you can but usually not advised. Most people use inserts for that (heating them up and pushing them inside the hole

1 Like

Great idea!

I think ill save up for one :slight_smile:

Always wanted to get one but never had the balls to make the purchase because i was too afraid I wouldnā€™t be able to use it properly. But It will be fine I guess. :slight_smile:
First, Iā€™ll just print thingiverse enclosures :slight_smile:

Yeah thatā€™s rare for a bowden setup to print tpu fine. I havenā€™t tried but read 1000 times no, you need direct drive.

2 Likes

Its a bit different than pla but definitely doable. The one big difference between printing PLA and TPU for me is temperature and speed. The rest is almost identical.

Would you guys get it over banggood or somewhere else?
Do I have to fear customs?

Also, ender 3 or ender 3 pro for price/performance

i just bought the ender 3 pro, iā€™ve never done anything with 3d printing

1 Like

i bought the ender 3 pro from aliexpress for 222ā‚¬

this video sums up the differences
1 Like

I got mine from Ebay.

I specifically went with the 3 and not 3 pro. Performance is basically the same but the pro has some ā€œupgradesā€ that were downgrades in some cases.But on the other hand some upgrade i wish i had. Here is a good video talking about it.

3 Likes

What thickness of nickel strips do you suggest for a battery pack?

1 Like

Iā€™ve thought about it a while, and at first I found it annoying and rudeā€¦ now iā€™ve come to terms with it and it seems better to have the offending virus contained to one thread. you can social distance appropriately with a simple ignore user.

Nirvana

Can you give me links to these partsā€¦thx man. I love to try this