Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

yeah yeah it could slip off the shaft, but your looking too much into an oversight in my message. Sure, let it have a build in set screw, but you canā€™t deny that the D shape would help when these set screws come loose as they frequently do.
Do I care that it is hard for them to machine?
No. I just need ta find one.

Flipsky and evolve sells D pulleys in steel but only 15T

Boardbumpers also sells a 12T and 19T in the D profile in steel. Some 20T aluminium floating around on ebay

1 Like

Oooh so closeā€¦! Iā€™m running an 18/40 setup on 190kv, I got plenty of heat already, not looking to go much higher. Thanks tho, didnā€™t even know those guys existed

just different belt tension ?! Or should I check VescTool for inconsistancies? [dual superfoc canbus]

Have you tried taking the belts off and hand spinning the wheels to see if theyā€™re equal? Itā€™ll help narrow down the issue a bit.

2 Likes

Thanks ā€¦ I will try that

While the belts are off, run the same test in the videos and see if the motor cans slow down at the same speed too. Good luck.

3 Likes

That one wheel is fairly out of round as well.

1 Like

Yes it shakes

For Caliber profile, what gear drives are available? Seems like multiple gear drives fit other truck profiles instead

2 Likes

ask 3DServisas

2 Likes

I should add that Iā€™m looking for gear drives suited for AT wheels. Terrain here in Dallas is super bad, AT is almost a requirement

2 Likes

Belts are extra nice with At wheels since there is more teeth to grip.
wouldnā€™t the silence + cost be nice.

I understand if youā€™d want to go off-road then thatā€™s different

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve ran belts before and liked them, I just wanted to see what the hype about gear drives is about :sweat_smile:

At this point, Iā€™ve done just about everything except for gears (belts, hub, dd, flintstone) haha

1 Like

Can I ask you do AT wheels fit on calibers?
like say the evolve ones?

If so I assume you just need a longer mount so the wheel doesnā€™t rub vs the motor pulley right?

2 Likes

Same desperate to get a pair of gears just to try them out but can never justify paying full price

2 Likes

I use cheap aliexpress 6X2 wheels. As is, the wheels will not fit on standard caliber trucks. The hubs are too thick and I wasnā€™t able to thread on the lock nut after putting on the wheels on the trucks

Iā€™m currently running DDs using AT. Obviously no issues here with clearances :sweat_smile:

I do have a pair of caliber profile trucks with extended axel coming in so I can let you know if itā€™ll work or not. My guess is it should be fine with long enough of a mount

2 Likes

Anybody know if this is normal for bamboo decks? Iā€™ve seen it on other bamboo decks before but Iā€™m a bit worried, looks to be cosmetic though

3 Likes

I want to put this out there that part of evolve rubbishing exway is Jeff is working on a low cost evolve. The stoke isnt selling well in b&m retail markets and he really wants a low cost alternative. I have heard rumour to the effect. Jeff in China may know moreā€¦

1 Like

Ah shit. Here we go again.

3 Likes