Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Usually, ebay/amazon works good for cheap bearings. I don’t have any spare bearings on hand.

2 Likes

Thanks, I am not looking for a cheap one though, I’ll keep looking for a good one.

3 Likes

With a circlip tool. They’re cheap, and very useful.

If you want good, try McMaster.

3 Likes

VESC SETTINGS FOR A NOOP? (SEARCH WASNT HELPFULL)
[10s4p - dual maytech 6374 170kv - dual maytech superfoc 50A]

Hey guys, Im on my first build as some of you may have noticed :wink: I have everything running, but want to walk through my settings and optimize things, so I won’t blow things.

Some pictures to tackle any “NOOP mistakes”

• My first concern is: It looks like my throttle gives not many steps between full speed and not moving.
  • My 2nd: what about Battery Voltage Cutoff Start?

Is it necessary to fill in motor poles? How to know how many?

PPM settings:

1 Like

I use this all the time, works pretty well. No broken circlips yet.

1 Like

Just hit the “apply” button here.

3 Likes

I was thinking that lol

2 Likes

So 10V cutoff start and 8V cutoff end is a good value, Bill?!

Edit: no I see now it is 30V and 28V

2 Likes

Noooo. But I see you edited. If you click the “apply” button, it fills in the values for you.

3 Likes

now throttle curve is probably interesting for me, @BillGordon ?

2 Likes

Not necessarily. I wouldn’t mess with it unless you feel you’re really missing something.

3 Likes

@BillGordon :see_no_evil: why did one of my motors decide to not turn anymore after editing some of the above … I see a slight move when I hit the remote trigger, but only slave is turning (CANBUS)

2 Likes

Hi, Ive got a 12s5p Q30 pack. And my motors can take 65Amps. Can my battery handle the 65Amps current? Or should i leave it on 60amps? Could someone explain the math to me aswell.
Posted a pic of my metr pro mode, and im also using the unity.

1 Like

if you bought it from someone who knows what he’s doing “don’t fix it if it ant broke.” otherwise

suppose your battery cell can handle 20a (only for a short while)
then 100a is the max you should have going out. (to be somewhat safe)
So I’d set battery max at 50 and motor max at like 65a (per vesc)
That’s just how I’d run mine.

12s = 12(4.2v) = 50.4Volts
5p = 5(20a) = 100amps
other limitations may include wiring and cell welding for those reasons it’s good to play it safe.

1 Like

It looks like my board does the same max speed on all three speed settings (VX1) :thinking: (video is not really showing that, just to illustrate the speed it says)

1 Like

the vx1 doesn’t limit max speed, it changes the acceleration curve

2 Likes

Ahaaaah … my other board does speed limit with the settings

3 Likes

Additionally with no load on the board all settings will look the same.

Once you hop on it you will be able to tell the difference.

2 Likes

Can someone let me know if these are eLofy DDs. Took them off a Oneboard (I think that’s the name) a while back. Been sitting around, just wanted to be sure.

@BillGordon taking you because I have a feeling you might now for sure since I think you have some?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hey guys I wanted to know how types of tires affect top speed. Does bigger or smaller mean higher top speed, and airless vs urethanes vs pneumatic

1 Like