Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

If you had one of those crazy rare earth magnets that would crush your hand maybe you could use it to get it out. Also I know heat would be an issue but maybe you could tack weld something onto it.

1 Like

So I measured my centre distance and put it in the belt length calculator.

The center distance is about 72 or 73 mm. The desired length distance varies from 282mm to 284 mm. What belt length do I take? Becaus there is only 280 or 285

Maybe not

Heat sounds like a good idea but other then a solder iron I don’t have much in the way of heat

1 Like

285mm and then use the mount to adjust to the correct distance

No I think too much heat would melt the core to the steel tube, heat would be a big issue if you tried to stick weld something to the tube.

1 Like

What if that won’t be possible?

1 Like

You mount should either allow you to move the motor slightly from side to side or it will have space for an idler pulley

@fosterqc thanks for the help but if I don’t mind ruining the bearing and steel tube what is the best way to just remove it all from the hub

Thanks

oven or above the toaster

parental supervision advised

4 Likes

What bit do I stick and for how long

everything that is stuck. So the hub and the rod i assume? Can’t tell you for how long. - until it’s almost too hot to touch?

Basically the rod is stuck into the bearing and as much as I heat it up or whack it with a hammer it doesn’t come out

The bearing is stuck in the hub and I have no idea how to remove the bearing

Really stuck on what to do

I think my best option is to remove the bearing and just replace it

Yeah one way to solve it is to break out the plastic shims and start adjusting the motor angle

2 Likes

For gods sake do not put the shaft in the toaster.

4 Likes

definitely not inside! Or better not at all.

1 Like

Do you think they can handle 7A charging? (2 of them connected in series to a charge only bms)

Safe charging is generally 1C of the LiPo pack, I charge my LiPos at 0.5C because they get puffy fast as FUCK in esk8. Those charging at 1C is 12A and it would take 1 hour to charge, 7A (which is what I would charge at, nicely done) is ~0.6C and will take 1hour ~50 minutes to charge and should give you good longevity out of your LiPos providing you discharge down to 3.5v and not 3.0v.

2 Likes

Good to know, thanks. Only almost 2 hours? Damn that’s an improvement from currently 12 Hours :smiley:

i have my cutoff set at 40-42v but i usually stop at little over 42v-43v

1 Like

I cycled a 2500mah LiPo down to 3.0v (not doing esk8, just general testing) and charged at 2C and it puffed up after 25-30 cycles, so low voltage is not your friend and storage charging at 3.3-3.5v is your friend.

2 Likes

One of the riders in my group has this issues with the new Flipsky 6384 motor on his Trampa build, he didn’t have this whining sound on the previous 6374 before :thinking:

Any idea is the whining sound normal?

Yeah realised that much will see what I am will do in the morning it’s 4am here

2 Likes