15 teeth =

circumference 15 * 5 = 75mm = 2pi*r

r = 75mm/2pi = 11,94mm

3,57Nm = 3570N*mm

3570N*mm / 11,94mm = 299N

first one

3 Likes

I was worried that my battery went from good to absolute shit over the winter

@moestooge what was the size of the LazyRolling Hoodie you let me use?

1 Like

@DEEIF It was one of their prototype Large.
The wind breaker looks more SoCal heat friendly. If your planning on over 30mph get leathers

3 Likes

Thanks man!

This is the first time I have used the VESC tool proper as I have been using Ackmaniac tool.
I have a flipsky 4.12 fsesc, a 12s 4p samsung 30q battery and a flipsky 6374 190kv motor.
I set up using the wizard and though I would just check the settings and found the above picture. This setup looks like its going to blow my vesc to the moon. Surely this max battery and motor is too high?
Should I set it manually?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

hey @Coreywolf it makes sense to me if you want to apply the same motor current, battery current, and ppm ramping times that you had previously used with the ackmaniac fork. i agree, the latest tool can pick numbers that seem off-base. I donā€™t know if it so off-base that it will damage anything, but if more conservative numbers worked perfectly for you all this while, I see no harm in using the conservative numbers

2 Likes

Yes, current version of vesc tool does a shit job for the defaults. Under sets motor and over sets battery everytime for me.

5 Likes

For two-shunt ESCs (version 4.x) I would use Ackmaniac because IMHO the only feature worth switching for is the HFI sensor mode and this really seems to work ideally on 3-shunt (version 6.x+) ESCs

Yes exactly, any newer Trampa version requires manual setting as it defaults to 99A / -60A battery current

3 Likes

Hello everyone.

Iā€™m encountering the mechanical problems with my belt drive for more than the year now, and the problem is belt slipping.
My motor is 270kv@60A which is not a lot of torque. Moreover, motor pulley is 18t! My belt is really tight (compared to much more powerful builds on the YT). How to overcome this? Idlers? Super-tension on the belt, so it will scream to whole street while riding? Iā€™m slowly giving up and thinking about purchasing 10 extra belts and replace them every week just to make me donā€™t care about it.

Setup: 6s, 270kv, 18t:36t (1:2 ratio), 83mm wheels, 60A motor max (VESC 4.12)

Some pics
Drivetrain:

Full press on the belt just to give you an idea what belt tension is now:

maybe stupid questionā€¦ Has your belt the same profile as the pulley and vice versa?

Can just be the short flange but the belt looks pretty high up on the pulley.

1 Like

Now my turn. Not esk8 related.

Iā€™m having a hard time with youtube on firefox.

If i use the standard VP8/VP9 codec i have freezes that last up to 30 seconds, then the video runs for a second until it freezes again. Audio runs like it should

If i use the addon h264ify the lags are completely gone but iā€™m limited to 1080p
Edge/Chromium edge donā€™t have the problem at all, even with the standard codec.

Any idea?

1 Like

I got a abs current fault on one of my vesc6, it said 188a, what does the fault mean ?

Check all bullet connectors and solder jointsā€¦that could trigger that kind of faultsā€¦

1 Like

Could wetness cause this?

Water it is conductive (because of the salts and minerals), if you have an exposed bullet connector, it could cause a shortā€¦and might blow your vescā€¦I use tu have over current abs fault because the bullets connectors where just a little bit loose (not at simple eye view), I checked and move the wires and discover itā€¦Used to happen when going fast, or with a bump, and it felt like a suden lost of power. Check your solder joints, sometimes a bad solder could breakā€¦And use proper isolation for all of the connectors, including the sensorsā€¦

3 Likes

I am trying to set of my 4 mounts on my AWD haggy drive setup.

3/4 of them are ok, one of them is not tracking well. I have tried re-mounting the motor, the mount, changed wheelsā€¦

Has anyone experienced this with their haggy drive setup?

One thing I would note is the pulley is able to slide slightly into the wheel on the belt drive in question, like it comes away from the truck axle where it should sit. This is not the case with the other wheels.

Means current draw was above the absolute current limit, believe itā€™s set in the general motor settings. The controller will restart if it hits the fault Iā€™m pretty sure but shouldnā€™t be an issue so long as you arenā€™t getting it often or bump the value up to whatever makes sense for what youā€™re drawing, sounds like a crazy amount of power but might be instantaneous, Iā€™m able to easily and pretty quickly get up to speed with battery limited at 20A and motor limited at 40A but depends on weight, inclined, alignment of belt/wheel motor to avoid extra friction etc.

Ah just read other response agree it sounds more like short than actual current draw but some other things to check.

Found the obvious reason for this issue :sweat_smile:

Not sure how I did not screw it in all the way, what a screw up.

Maybe that kitty hair is the issue for all I know :crying_cat_face:

Video of how bad the belt is walking, if that helps.

The problem I really have is I donā€™t know what to adjust? Because the mount is such a tight fit there is no shifting it. I have two more mounts, if I donā€™t get any advice Iā€™ll just try another one of the mounts to see if that was the issue (and not let the kitty so close during assembly)

@haggyboard.timo

Any advice is greatly appreciated :blush:

3 Likes