Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Can I safely charge a 12s li-ion battery with a 42V charger if I only want to bring it up to storage voltage? It would be 3.5V per cell but Iā€™m not sure the 12s BMS will approve

2 Likes

If itā€™s just a D140/similar compact charge only, works fine. Worst thing that will happen is that it doesnā€™t charge.

2 Likes

Yah canā€™t say it will work for sure but under powering things isnā€™t generally a recipe for disaster so long as you arenā€™t drawing more current through a thing than itā€™s rated for it will likely survive. Over volting or reversing polarity without reverse polarity protection diodes is a recipe for disaster.

Why are channel trucks with urethane wheels not really a thing?

you mean this?

1 Like

No.
To be more clear: why did channel trucks not win a part of the standard skate truck market?

Or why donā€™t people build regular street builds with some small MTB deck, matrix trucks and some regular ABEC or TB110 wheels?

1 Like

channel trucks require a diff mount angle than regular skate/longboards

Yeah, you need a special deck like a MTB deck for it. But it would be totally doable. I just wonder why it is not a thing. The design of channel trucks seems more stable for speed imo

itā€™s doable, there are adapters, plenty of people on here have done it

1 Like

They are cheaper from stormesk8 these are standard kegal mount so should fit. They fit my. Elofty DD.

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen any of them running urethane though - did I miss one?

the only urethane option Iā€™m aware of would be gummies
youā€™re dealing with 10/12mm axles

1 Like

Oh, the bearing size is the issue!!
Now I get it. Duh.

If anyone made real urethane wheels for matrix trucks, I am sure it would become a thing.

1 Like

Someone could machine a 8mm hanger for the matrix trucksā€¦ that would open the doors to new optionsā€¦!

open the door to snapped axlesā€¦
theres plenty of options, no need to go chopping stuff up

what are you trying to get out of a channel truck with thane that you canā€™t with regular truck?

I guess I just need to do some more research on channel trucks vs skate trucks. But there really are zero options regarding full urethane wheels on a channel truck.

Is it worth upgrading my Loaded x Umlimited solo kit from a 10s1p 25r to 10s1p of

• p26a
  • 30q
  • nah donā€™t bother

0 voters

I think itā€™s only worth if you go 40T or even 2p

3 Likes

bigger than 18650 and 10s1p wonā€™t fit. the upgrade is quite simple
bd7d6766733f69068c01367c90e1923852abcadd_2_666x500 e5b3e447271b06834d03396d27d4501ed4557bba_2_666x500
i agree though it is still quite some work for a small amount of extra range

Is 20% extra worth the work? I doubt so. Better make a custom battery back. Or make em swappable

1 Like