Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Check the pinout, you’ll have to solder wires to the PCB as it doesnt have a header, same pinout and connections. You have to do some work…

no toturial said to solder anything, its not the older version its the dual vesc unity focbox, from the raptor 2.1

1 Like

This is it plugged in, I get a blue light and red light that blinks twice with a pause in between repeatedly

1 Like

I’ve moved around the ground wire a bunch, but other than that there isn’t much moving to do, I’ve got the right wires in the right place according to one of the best walkthroughs I’ve seen out there

Any activity on the unity? Blue light should flash for firmware reading I think.

Blue light on unity stays solid, I get a long red flash when I try to connect with the utility

Oh, and the red light blinks twice then pauses and repeats

Im going to have to bow down here, Unity is not my forte. I’ll let someone else hop in here.

When I try to connect to the box with the utility

Damn, thanks for the help anyhow

Seems like a fucked up MCU to me, but thats a giant PITA. Maybe @kellag or @deodand would be more useful.

What do either of those mean

Oh lmfao, MCU is the main processor on the VESC, just a huge inconvenience.

Tried to call out deodand when this was first becoming a problem, he never responded

Mcu and pita lol

1 Like

Well fml, my board not working is the real pita. Lmao

Do you have any cheap 4.12’s you can sub in? Thats what I do while I send my VESCs to the wizard.

1 Like

I have no extra anything, I never really did much diy, I just got the board have no extras.

im super sorry brother, sometimes VESCs work and sometimes they laugh at you while they dont work.