Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I know that, the whole problem is that i cant connect to the focbox with the usb ie the software that they provide. I got an st link as an attempt to fix that but its an even bigger problem now

@TheFlash Should cover the vesc tool setup for you ^

Dude the damn setup doesn’t matter if i cant connect to the stupid box.

2 Likes

I need to know how to use the stlink tool not the vesc tool

over usb? and your not doin no wierd thing like bluetooth?
check your usb.
need one that can send data.
some can only send power

You are not listening to me please stop, i know you’re trying to help but it isn’t helping.

My focbox unity can not be detected by my computer because the firmware is broken. Usb wont connect and bluetooth wont connect. The tool is to get around that, and unless you know how to use the tool, im sorry but you cant help me

Are you positive the firmware is corrupted? Normally doesnt happen unless you yank the power during a firmware update. Its possible the MCU is buggered, take some pictures so we actually know whats going on. No reason to use an ST Link if the softwares fine.

my roomate did exactly that

what would you like pictures of?

It was updating, computer slowed to a crawl, and then the VESC tool stopped responding and he pulled out the usb cable.

Ah fuck yeah thats pretty definitive, nevermind on the pictures.

1 Like

yuppers

If you’ve got any idea as to why i cant connect the st link tool to the box though i greatly appreciate that
I’ve yet to find any reason as to why other than the stupid errors i get from the st utility

Pictures of the STLink connection with VESC and STLink visible?

yea if possible

i just ordered another but i honestly dont know what more to do

st1 st2

If it doesn’t look like this somethings wrong.

1 Like

wow that looks real convenient

well ive got a focbox so looks very different xD