Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

ok, good to know the only negs are bulk n weight. ideally i would get something as plug-n-play easy as a revel battery kit, but for now NESE seems the closest thing.

If i have a 10s5p sanyo 20700b pack. what’s the right settings for dual focbox battery max regen?

spec sheet says 20700b max charge is 2amps. so i think that’s -10 amps max regen, so each focbox should be set to -5amps … but that seems small… is my thinking right on that?

Your math is right, however 2amp is standard/continuous charge rate, you can safely add 1.5x or double that number and be okay. Safe setting would be -7 per focbox, or -10 each will probably be just fine (just don’t mash brakes on a completely fully charged pack).

2 Likes

@berno3 Welcome over mate :facepunch:

@BillGordon should be able to remove your limitations of a new user but currently he’s doing a thousand things for me because i need attention

2 Likes

He’s made it to Level 1 on his own. Is he coming from the old forum and if so, level there?

(Not many people know this, but I was reassigned by @mmaner to be Pixel’s personal mod bitch. All Louis, all the time.)

7 Likes

Bernado’s profile

2 Likes

I have new 97mm Abec Refly’s, should and could I sell them for ~€100 and buy TB 110mm 74A artic blues?

1 Like

Magic eightball points to yes if you can break even for the Tb110s

3 Likes

Does anyone have a good guide to installing the TB218 motor mounts? I’ve got the V5 forward mounts with crossbar

I know someone said that there’s a way to install it that’s perfectly secure and another way that’s prone tearing the set screws out

No, but it can sound like it’s ripping the motor apart if the current is too low.

Try raising the duty cycle to .12 (or .15) and current to 11A and rerun the test

2 Likes

They’d work fine, once or twice.

If you end up fucking up the holes you could always drill them all the way through and use bolts instead…

Depends if aesthetics is on your agenda or not.

They looks clean with washers

2 Likes

So I actually switched to a 12s6p with the 2700 30T cells so I can now draw. Total of around 210A. That being said each motor can handle a max of 80A. And given the battery max is combined can I set each VESC battery max to 100? 50 to each motor and still leave the motor max at 80? Or is it bad to have the motor max above the battery max? Thanks

Yes, you can absolutely set motor max higher than battery max. You will get full motor amps to the motor at lower speeds and it drops off to max battery amperage as your speed picks up.

3 Likes

Shit sorry I got them mixed up. In this case it would actually be swapped. The motor max has a limit of 80A but I was gonna have the battery max at 100A since it’ll be split between both motors which would then be 50A/ motor?

the battery max is not combined… the battery max is the amount each vesc will draw. that said if the motor max is 80a, you won’t draw more than about 76a battery per motor

80a motor per motor * 0.95 max duty cycle = 76a battery per motor

this will allow 152a from the battery with 2 separate vescs

if you want full throttle range at all speeds set both the motor max and the battery max to the same number on each vesc. you can safely set the motor max higher than the battery limit in some cases (for example 80a motor and 30a battery), but you will lose some throttle range at higher speeds because above a certain speed it would take more than 30a battery current to sustain 80a motor current.

(the vesc does a voltage change between the battery and motor which decreases the voltage the motor sees but increases the amps, depending on the speed the motor is turning)

3 Likes

Battery max higher than motor max is kinda pointless, you can do it but it changes nothing, the motor will draw as much as it needs and the battery max will never be hit.

Just set battery = motor and call it a day

2 Likes

if you find you have too much torque, then lower the motor current limit and battery current limit settings while keeping them equal for full throttle range at all possible speeds

1 Like

Hahahah easy enough. Thanks a lot @BluPenguin and @professor_shartsis. Appreciate it.

1 Like

I have these decks, they are pretty much the same as evolve GTbamboo … they are not predrilled for enclosure and prepared for laser art so no varnish :point_down:t2: And I can do laser art

11 Likes